Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Out of all of the Fender deals at Best Buy which is the better deal, getting one of the American Standard teles for $400 and change or one of the Roadworn models for a little less? Aren't the Roadworn models made in Mexico?

It's true, the road worn models are made in Mexico, but they are several notches above the quality of your usual made in Mexico Fenders. Regardless of how people view the whole pre-distressed issue, there are quite a few reviews for the 50's and 60's strats giving them high marks for sound and feel.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

Out of all of the Fender deals at Best Buy which is the better deal, getting one of the American Standard teles for $400 and change or one of the Roadworn models for a little less? Aren't the Roadworn models made in Mexico?

If you're buying the guitar to flip, get the american std tele.

If you want a nice playing strat, get the roadworn strat.

I'm sure the tele will play nice as well, so if you want a tele, you could do a lot worse.

But resale value wise, I think the am std tele will fetch more then a mim roadworn strat.

• Members

View Post

The standard comes with:

"Fender-exclusive SKB case with black acrylic interior, reinforced frame, heavy-duty hinges, and TSA approved lock"

The Road Worn comes with a gigbag.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

just picked up a road worn tele for about $445 after tax. the 1800 number is useless for best buy purchases, you want to speak to the store that has it directly. they can process your order directly from there.

How did you find the store that had it? confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

Rockbot, did you find that at the Lakewood, CA store? I saw that there along with the classic 60's strat. There is also a Gibson songwriter acoustic there for $670 that i wanted. It is pretty much used but still a good price. I'm proud of myself for not buying a single thing in the past two weeks. Well, except the squier jaguar i bought lol!

Yep! That's the one. Westminster has a few deals too, if you want to torture yourself a bit more. smile.gif I've decided that the Strat has enough tone options to keep me busy for a while... Though I'm sort of tempted by the HH Jags I've seen at a few stores.

• Members

Headed to a local BB soon. The two deal I am most interested in are Fender American Stan HSS Strat Sunburst $449 and Fender Road Worn 50s Strat Olympic White $409. The American is clearly the better deal and guitar but I really like how the Road Worns feel. Guess I'll make my decision when I get there!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SrMeowMeow

View Post

How long will the Best Buy deals last? I'm still seeing crazy prices online. Anyone hit the Glendale, CA store yet?

It's clearance. Stock on hand. Website does not reflect actual store stock. Store tags may not show clearance prices. Bring a list and go to the store and find out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

They have a red classic 60s strat at the Lakewood and westminster CA stores. $325. Dang westminster store had the case for one of the Martin acoustics but no guitar. So if you bought a Martin there, they have your case!

Westminister also had a road worn tele for $408 and a MIM tele for $230 if they are still there.

• Members

I checked the online stock at my particular store in Sarasota Fl and many of the clearance deals for the Fenders said limited stock available in store only. I go there and there is nothing on clearance almost like a bait and switch. The salesguy for the music section was gone so I go on the Kiosk and find the list of clearance items for this store. The guy shows up and I ask him where the crap all these clearance items are as they certainly werent hanging on the wall. He said he had no idea why it was still on the website even though it shows it for this particular store and said most of those items havent been there for over a year. I call BS on this. I want to call around and find out which models are still available but I was hoping I could narrow it down with web searching but I guess calling is the only way to know for sure?

• Members

For the ones who went to Ann Arbor bb, did you find anything? Please pm me if more appropriate.

Also: I have a price match from Music 123 for $1,084 with Free shipping about to expire for the Gibson tradition mahogany in worn brown, please send me a pm to have it. First one to pm will get it.

Thanks!

EDIT: CLAIMED!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by orbm1

View Post

For the ones who went to Ann Arbor bb, did you find anything? Please pm me if more appropriate.

Also: I have a price match from Music 123 for $1,084 with Free shipping about to expire for the Gibson tradition mahogany in worn brown, please send me a pm to have it. First one to pm will get it.

Thanks!

Good price on a great guitar. I played 2 today. The worm cherry I played at GC looked great but felt only ok and had some QC issues. I went to Sam Ash after and played a black one that just felt better all around. It also helped when he offered it to me at $999. Must have been trying to make an end of weekend number.

Happy to have a new LP thumb.gif

• Members

Went to the Laurel BB. Someone bought the Mustang already, and they didn't have much else. $500 60w Fender SuperSonic combo amp(pretty good deal), $170 MIM Strat that was beat to hell with a warped neck, $200 Schecter S-1 which was missing a knob and a string (probably the best thing there, imo), and a MIM tele for $230 that was in pretty good shape. Most of their clearance guitars were beat to hell and their necks had an insane amount of forward bow. I wonder who they're hiring to set these guitars up.

• Members

I called BB 800# and after about 30 minutes they were able to verify the clearance price on the Fender American Standard tele in Blizzard pearl with maple fretboard for $408.99. At first she told me the total would be $999 or some such. I had to walk her through the site navigation to the clearance in store/music instruments/electric guitars/fender to find it. Hope it arrives at the store with the hardshell case. She also saw in the system it showed it was still at the store I checked but as someone on here said, BBs inventory system must be non existent. Anyhow I got the deal. Might want to hit that DBZ guitar as I was always curious about those Birds of Prey and for under $400 with EMGs OFR and a hardshell case it might be a keeper even.

Archived