Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

Funny now I finally get a reply from the musicians friends forums. Mr baker said they would check the store themselves to make sure. Now they would be happy to put one in for me if I would supply them with a link. Kind of convenient now that the section is down they are willing to try and give me a price match.

Oh well....

I'm not sure about your specific deal, but Baker provided his email Friday morning and all but promised to match any real in stock deal. He also posted several times before closing Friday night all but saying, last chance to get a deal, email or call me. I feel he acted in very good faith by extending the full value (over $100) Gift Certificates until midnight Friday. I can't criticize his efforts. I thought they went above and beyond what was reasonable, considering their call center was probably very busy matching below cost deals to keep customers happy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

. I can't criticize his efforts. I thought they went above and beyond what was reasonable, considering their call center was probably very busy matching below cost deals to keep customers happy.

Me too. For him to post here when he didnt have to was great service. The reason some of the prices are not getting matched is because you have

to call- they (MF) dont promise anything if you make the request via email.l

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba

View Post

Me too. For him to post here when he didnt have to was great service. The reason some of the prices are not getting matched is because you have

to call- they (MF) dont promise anything if you make the request via email.l

He went above and beyond in my opinion.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

I'm not sure about your specific deal, but Baker provided his email Friday morning and all but promised to match any real in stock deal. He also posted several times before closing Friday night all but saying, last chance to get a deal, email or call me. I feel he acted in very good faith by extending the full value (over $100) Gift Certificates until midnight Friday. I can't criticize his efforts. I thought they went above and beyond what was reasonable, considering their call center was probably very busy matching below cost deals to keep customers happy.

Yep. I mentioned it before but since it came up again I'll say it again, I've dealt directly with him a couple of times and he has always been great to work with. Very helpful and has hooked me up and has matched some great prices I've found and has made up for some errors on their part. And most of the times I've had reason to call in about something and have dealt with someone else, they are usually pretty good about it.

That said, submitting online price match requests does get frustrating and it really does seem like their MO is to first deny the price match using any of a dozen or more completely made up or bogus excuses. Maybe they do this to see if you're really interested enough to keep fighting for it? I don't know. But yeah, when you get a denial that says something like "Best Buy is not an authorized dealer of X brand" when they know perfectly well that BB is a huge retailer and an authorized dealer of almost everything they sell is complete BS and imo just them playing games hoping you'll give up on the price match. This is what I think frustrates people the most. I can certainly understand them needing to verify if a price is real and not just an error or something like that but come on, don't come back with some BS that X retailer is not an authorized dealer for X brand when you know full well that they are.

Bottom line, I've been very happy with every interaction I've had with Chris. But their online price matches....that's been hit and miss.

• Members

Yes I agree he went above and beyond. I figured my $150 card was going to be downgraded to a $100 but he posted here saying they wouldn't.

He also posted here specifically about the bestbuy price matching. He said to email them at the forums. So I did just that shortly after that post was made once I got all the info together.

Not insulting the man I think he is great. Just whoever works under him could use some work.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

That is M123's MO. I saw him post in the M123 thread too (he must work for both of them) so that isn't surprising. One time I got like 4 responses from them on PM's where they said "sorry, Best Buy is not an authorized dealer of Fender" when I wasn't even trying to pricematch a Fender product. I was like WTF? The only time I buy from MF/M123/GC these days is if the deal is too good to pass up which is rare (Kustom Defenders etc). I didn't buy anything over the weekend but if I did, I'd rather just buy from Sam Ash (no tax) or Best Buy (no haggle). If M123 honored their pricematch policy up front every time without the games, that would be nice. In fact, they did that until about a year ago. Now it seems like their first response is to find some way to shoot you down and then you have to go back and forth or sit on hold on the phone for 30 mins. Not worth it (usually).

Not that I'm complaining, because I've occasionally gotten great deals from it, but you gotta wonder why stores even bother with a pricematching policy. The usual result is either an irate customer or an product sold at a loss. It can sometimes work out for the customer but it's a lose-lose situation for the store.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

We were matching some of the offers Best Buy had on their site up until yesterday morning when we started investigating them and found that none of the ones we were checking existed, or at least they weren't new. I'm sure there may be some out there, in which case we would do it after we confirm with the Best Buy store that they have it and it's new, but as a general policy, we're not doing them. If you send the details in to forums@musiciansfriend.com, we can check for you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Here is the post I was refering to. Not mad or anything. Its not like I think he owes me a $515 fender deluxe because of that post.

I mean I called the store and ran a bunch of sku numbers coming up empty. So the point is mute since I wouldn't have gotten the match anyways.

I really can't complain I got a great deal on a guitar and stands. With the gift certificates it was too good to pass up.

Just glad they only had natual for that prs semi-hollow or I would have got that too. Equally glad that my lack of skills makes getting of those midtowns overkill. Hopefully by next year I will be good enough to justify something like that. Then this forum will be a very dangerous place for my wallet.

Again I am not mad far from it.

On another note has anyone gotten the restrictions on those gift cards ie can they be combined with a price match or can you use mor than one on a single order.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by birdwax

View Post

Not that I'm complaining, because I've occasionally gotten great deals from it, but you gotta wonder why stores even bother with a pricematching policy. The usual result is either an irate customer or an product sold at a loss. It can sometimes work out for the customer but it's a lose-lose situation for the store.

And I'm not complaining either. I'm just throwing out my experiences from dealing with them. I agree with you and my issue with them is don't make a "guarantee" if you don't want to honor it. Zzounds makes no guarantees or claims. They want the opportunity to pricematch/beat but they don't guarantee it and only give it their best shot. I get zero run around from them and very quick responses. Combine that with zero shipping/taxes and they along with Sam Ash are my places to go to for the most part these days.

It was nice of the guy from MF/M123 to post here and help people out. I'm not knocking him for that. If I wanted a deal then, i too would have called. I'm not surprised at them waiting until the links were lifted before responding because they've done that to me on a number of occasions.

• Members

Does anyone have any comments or experience with these Charvel Desolation 1 ST series guitars? Thoughts?

DC-1.png

I snagged one tonight at MF for $349.95 price matched with AMS and got a $100 GC.

thumb.gif

Pretty sure I saw this deal somewhere in this thread today so thanks to the OP who originally posted it.

• Members

PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow for $399 at Sam Ash

I know that this deal was posted earlier in the month, but I saw that Sam Ash is showing it as a Cyber Monday deal page today, and wanted to get the word out. I have a bunch of guitars, and this one is pretty much the one that gets played the most. It is beautifully finished, stays in tune, and has a deep wonderful tone. A feather weight too. Two regrets: it comes with 9's instead of 10's and I wish that I had only paid $400. As usual, check YouTube for demos.

http://www.samash.com/p/Paul%20Reed%...0Bag_-49944631

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty

View Post

what is this gift card thing from MF? This thread is too long to wade through and figure out.

http://mf.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2330

I see that they updated it again today...

"Price Match Details

Items must be advertised and verifiable on the web or in a local or national paper, magazine or catalog by an authorized U.S. dealer. You may be required to email or fax a copy of the competitor's offer. For internet requests, please provide the competing website address (preferably the specific product page URL).

Due to manufacturer restrictions, some products are excluded from this guarantee. Please call us at 1-800-449-9128 for details. Musician's Friend will beat combined or multiple offers at its sole discretion.

The 150% Price Match Guarantee does not apply to offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items advertised as limited-quantity, out-of-stock items, open-box items, clearance items, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items and special hour sale events."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

Yamaha THR10 Modelling Amp $225

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=15957

6QUMPBG5O5EUHRGEXVEA5I2SOYGT4N3.jpg

I got one last week and it is truly amazing.

Same amp for $180 [Edit: $240] with the 20%-off coupon, and free shipping.

A couple TC Electronic pedals there, as well.

http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/Holida...ters-s/346.htm

Their deal of the day is DR Hi-Beam 9-42s for $1.99.

http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/dealoftheday.asp

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marko

View Post

Same amp for $180 with the 20%-off coupon, and free shipping.

Their deal of the day is DR Hi-Beam 9-42s for $199.

Actually, the one you have linked is the THR5 not the 10 but the THR10 on the site with the coupon comes out to be $239 which is still very good!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marko

View Post

Same amp for $180 with the 20%-off coupon, and free shipping.

Their deal of the day is DR Hi-Beam 9-42s for $199.

I've been looking for one of those THR10's for a cheap price, so this post got me excited. Looks like it's $299 with 20% off though, which would be $239...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

Zzounds makes no guarantees or claims. They want the opportunity to pricematch/beat but they don't guarantee it and only give it their best shot. I get zero run around from them and very quick responses.

I agree. They have very quickly responded to EVERY price match I've sent them with a reply that contains the following: "Unfortunately, this is one of those rare situations in which we are unable to beat a competitor's price."

My only complaint with them is the fact that they don't seem to know what the word 'rare' means. That and their 'free' payment plan that charges a fee for the privilege, but that's another rant for another time...

Archived