Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

I love watching this train wreck. Bain Capital owns MF, M123, GC, and Harmony Central. Harmony Central posters use the forum to set up numerous money-losing price match deals that have MF, M123, and GC tripping over themselves to compete with non-Bain companies that are blowing out unsold gear for manufacturers. And then the M123 guy has to wade in here and do customer service. This entire thing is just one big money-losing embarrassment for Bain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc

View Post

I love watching this train wreck. Bain Capital owns MF, M123, GC, and Harmony Central. Harmony Central posters use the forum to set up numerous money-losing price match deals that have MF, M123, and GC tripping over themselves to compete with non-Bain companies that are blowing out unsold gear for manufacturers. And then the M123 guy has to wade in here and do customer service. This entire thing is just one big money-losing embarrassment for Bain

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc

View Post

• Members

I'm asking nicely. Let's keep this thread for the deals please. I have no problem with the them but move the rest of the discussion somewhere else. We, together as forumites, have set up some simple rules that are stated in the 1st post each month. Let's follow them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk

View Post

I'm asking nicely. Let's keep this thread for the deals please. I have no problem with the them but move the rest of the discussion somewhere else. We, together as forumites, have set up some simple rules that are stated in the 1st post each month. Let's follow them.

But we are talking deals...??? Maybe there should be a sticky about this topic...it would make it easier for M123/MF/GC(the owners of this site) to get real feedback from their customers and see how creative their reps are when it comes to tarnishing their name and destroying their business. Just a thought.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

I saw that and thought about posting it, but it isn't really clear...the $349 price box says "In-stock Items Only" and availability says "Coming Soon-Order now!"...so it's a little confusing...that is a helluva deal, though...

Same as the black Friday deal that some got here,But yea confusing-Says "Price reduced at checkout

1 per customer

In-Stock items only

No further reductions.

I would say if anyone wants to try to price match it to call its worth a shot.

These are Really well made Korean Guitars. Really Nice Gig bag and a bunch of gifts from a rebate from PRS.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

Same as the black Friday deal that some got here,But yea confusing-Says "Price reduced at checkout

1 per customer

In-Stock items only

No further reductions.

I would say if anyone wants to try to price match it to call its worth a shot.

These are Really well made Korean Guitars. Really Nice Gig bag and a bunch of gifts from a rebate from PRS.

Well here's some refreshing good news...M123 just sent me a no-hassle price match on this thumb.gif

I'm not sure if Chris Baker has been straightening things out or if it's just a fluke, but let's hope this is a new way of doing things for them eek.gifsmile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by calclown

View Post

Bull{censored}. Music123 routinely postpones pricematches on outrageous deals. I can't blame them for not wanting to lose money, but it happens year round. Everyone in this thread has experienced it. Can we move all this chatter to a different thread? this a deals thread. Not a whine and bitch and put a music123 rep on the spot thread.

edit: chbaker has personally helped me out once and I don't mean to attack him for doing his job.

I promise this is not intentional. Price matches that come close to or below cost have to get looked at by a Manager which is probably where the delay is occurring. I know we had an incredibly high number of emails awaiting management review earlier in the week. I'm sorry that this has happened. In the future, I'd recommend calling if the deal you're requesting might sell out, I doubt there's any chance of you waiting on hold while an item sells out.

Quote Originally Posted by JVH

View Post

Yep music 123 did it to me so I just went to musicians friend. Now rather than the 123 I get the big dollar coupon. Then again who knows if they will even let you use the coupon as cash. You know if you get some crazy low price match they aren't going to let you use it on that purchase. I'm kind of regretting buying this Gibson, because it isn't all that great. Maybe I wouldn't have been so haste in my purchase even at these blowout prices.

These will be same as cash, we've already confirmed with Marketing.

View Post

I don't think they're losing money on any sale...standard retail mark-up is over 100%...in other words, they'd have to sell you a guitar with a msrp of $1000 for less than $500 to be losing money. Additionally, the forum participants that are complaining are, I'm sure, a very small part of their business. They've also gotten very good at creatively refusing the price match...when the average person tries to price match say, a best buy guitar, then gets the standard reply "they're not an authorized Fender dealer", they don't have the sense to call bull{censored} on that and just take whatever discount they're offered.

I would still shop at M123 without the price match, but it's really frustrating to have to, essentially get on your knees and verbally fellatiate the CSR to get them to honor their own guarantee.

I'm wondering how a company like Sweetwater manages to stay in business with their practices...if you're looking for something that they have in stock, in my experience, they'll match the price, then give you free shipping, a set-up and a 2-year warrantee on the guitar...

I will reiterate that Chris was a big help to me with my current situation, but were it not for him, I'd be taking my business elsewhere. Matching ANY price means just that...not try several times and after insulting your intelligence with 5% off coupons and claims that other legitimate retailers aren't "authorized" dealers, we'll eventually cave and live up to our promises...

We are working on addressing the problems with price matching that people have had. Agents should not be making excuses to get out of a legit match request, they should be standing behind what we offer customers.

Quote Originally Posted by vanzant38

View Post

Got this deal in my email. So check your email.

1174975.png

All the red in pic was added by me.

Just like Cash with an asterisk. frown.gif

Here's the exclusion list. LINKY.

I appreciate MF emailing me coupons, I honestly do. Thank You MF!

But, BUT, stop using the phrase, Just Like Cash.

Have you tried using it? If you have and weren't able to use it towards what you want, email me and I'll get you taken care of. Email: forums@musiciansfriend.com

View Post

Well here's some refreshing good news...M123 just sent me a no-hassle price match on this thumb.gif

I'm not sure if Chris Baker has been straightening things out or if it's just a fluke, but let's hope this is a new way of doing things for them eek.gifsmile.gif

Glad to hear it! We are working on it, it's just a matter of getting people out of the bad habit of saying no.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk

View Post

I'd be more than happy to take this discussion elsewhere. It will also help me make sure I don't miss anything. Everyone's welcome to email forums@musiciansfriend.com or PM me with any questions or concerns they have.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

I don't get how these companys can sell a Randell Cabinet for $249?

Maybe its JUNK???

http://www.music123.com/amplifiers-e...2t-75-speakers

That's a sick deal-I've never owned a Randall product, and I can't find a description on the website, but I seriously doubt it's junk smile.gif...even if it were, you could swap all 4 speakers out and still save a ton of dough...

• Members

To CHBAKER,

Thank You for helping MF shoppers on HC.

My post about the $5 coupon had two parts:

1. To inform folks that they may have a coupon in the mail.

2. MF should stop using the term JUST LIKE CASH, when obviously it isn't.

I still think MF is great, just stop using that phrase. I don't think it means what you(they) think it means.

Anyway, the $5 coupon worked on me. Strings and picks coming my way.

Thank You MF.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JVH

View Post

I thought you liberals were suppose to be nice. Calling people {censored}ing idiots isn't very nice. Where is the openminded attitude you are suppose to have? If that's the best you got I'll take it. To assume everyone is a {censored}ing idiot who doesn't believe your way of thinking is not the proper approach. My comment was meant as a joke and not even a liberal or republican comment. Amazing how you randomly attack people on the internet... I can only imagine you on the freeway in your prius yelling profanity at all the drivers... "you {censored}ing idiots! Why am I the only one who isn't an idiot?" Very lonely at the top.

The the thing is that what you are saying is not true. You cannot say factually incorrect things and hide behind the excuse that it is your "opinion." It isn't your opinion, it is the narrative you want to believe to justify your partisanship.

Archived