Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry if I derail the tread. I just find it strange that they would refuse a price match based on color. Especially when the color being price matched is more expensive then the one that they have. I really don't need it I just wonder how difficult it will be to get a price match when trying to use those gift certificates.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Saw this on SD:

Seems pretty decent for a beater guitar.

ESP EC-50 Sunburst $100

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...EC-50-2TB.html

ec502tb.jpg

MF has it for $200, so you could 150% PM and get it for $100 + $50 GC(Which is under current cap)

There are two problems. 1) According to Musician's Friend, Sonic Electronix is not an authorized dealer. 2) Musician's Friend doesn't have that color. They wouldn't do the pricematch for me, and quite reasonably so, really.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

I got my Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar in Fiesta Red and it is definitely one of the highest quality

My next upgrade to my collection will be a 24 3/4" scale conversion neck for my strat. I don't think I'll ever play a 25.5" scale guitar again.

Bummed that I missed out on that deal. I didn't get in on any of the Best Buy deals, directly or indirectly. It looks like that Jaguar is actually a 24" scale guitar (not 24.75"), which is even better. I too am ready to convert.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by birdwax

View Post

Bummed that I missed out on that deal. I didn't get in on any of the Best Buy deals, directly or indirectly. It looks like that Jaguar is actually a 24" scale guitar (not 24.75"), which is even better. I too am ready to convert.

Yeah that was actually the reason i got it. I have short fat hands which are very compatible with a Gibson scale. I recently bought a tele conversion neck and i love it more than I've ever loved any fender guitar before. So when i saw these with a full 3/4"shorter,i figured that may be even better. The spacing of the frets are perfect but the neck could be a bit thicker. Either way, I'm a fan. What surprises me now is why both Gibson and fender don't make different scale lengths for their most popular models. Perhaps fender has left that to the secondary market but you have to figure that there are people out there that would love a Gibson with a fender scale and vice versa.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta

View Post

Today's Stupid Deal of the Day at Musicians Friend

Fender FSR Blacktop Ash Telecaster

Sunset Orange Transparent Rosewood Fretboard

$429.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?icid=200510

This may be a MF (and sister retailers) exclusive. I can't find the exact guitar anywhere except at GC subsidiaries -- $529 @ WWBW and $549 @ M123

This FSR has tempted me since I first saw it. From the Gretschy orange to the gold guard. I JUST bought another guitar (still hasn't arrived yet) so I don't know how I can justify buying two in one week.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Nason

View Post

This FSR has tempted me since I first saw it. From the Gretschy orange to the gold guard. I JUST bought another guitar (still hasn't arrived yet) so I don't know how I can justify buying two in one week.

Anyone know if M123 will do the 150% price match? that would make it 370??

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay responding to some concerns that were brought up, and thank you for the kind words. I've been out since Saturday night. As far as the Best Buy prices and the delay responding, i assure you that it wasn't because we were waiting for the deals to disappear off BB's site. We got so many emails that it was hard to get back to everyone quickly. If you've still got a way to confirm the price for Best Buy, we're happy to check on it for you.

I just spoke with the contact center management earlier today about the declined price matches, as this should not be happening if it's legit. If you've got one you feel was denied in error, email forums@musiciansfriend.com and we'll give it another look for you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help and for responding to our requests in the forums. Can you tell us what the terms are for the 150% gift certificates that will be issued by Musicians Friend? Will there be any limitations or restrictions? Also, when can we expect to receive the gift certificates? Thank you for your help.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist

View Post

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help and for responding to our requests in the forums. Can you tell us what the terms are for the 150% gift certificates that will be issued by Musicians Friend? Will there be any limitations or restrictions? Also, when can we expect to receive the gift certificates? Thank you for your help.

http://mf.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2330

• Members

Schecter Jeff Loomis-7 7-String Electric Guitar (Vampyre Red Satin) $732 ($999 MF)

http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-Jeff-...123749&sr=1-64

Schecter Robin Zander Corsair 6-String Semi Hollow-Body Electric Guitar, White $721 ($1099 MF)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Ampeg MICRO-CL Micro-CL Bass Amp Stack - 100-Watt Head with 2 x 10 Cabinet ~$250 AR ($50 Mail in rebate plus 15% off at checkout)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist

View Post

Hi Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba

View Post

I am wondering the specifics on these "gift certificates" as well, since it doesn't exactly spell it out. It just says this:

"You can then use that money on anything Musician's Friend sells (limited restrictions apply). Gift certificates are valid through 1/31/2013."

Here are my questions:

• What are the "limited restrictions"?
  • Are they just like cash?
  • If you have more than one, can they can be stacked on the same order?
  • Can they be used for "on sale" items?
  • Are certain manufacturers excluded?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

Here are my questions:

• What are the "limited restrictions"?
  • Are they just like cash?
  • If you have more than one, can they can be stacked on the same order?
  • Can they be used for "on sale" items?
  • Are certain manufacturers excluded?

You could not stack them the last time they had a similar sale.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by birdwax

View Post

There are two problems. 1) According to Musician's Friend, Sonic Electronix is not an authorized dealer. 2) Musician's Friend doesn't have that color. They wouldn't do the pricematch for me, and quite reasonably so, really.

I called ESP Guitars and Justin was kind enough to send me an email confirming that Sonic Electronix is indeed an Authorized Dealer. MF matched their Tobacco Sunburst which is in stock with the Sonic Electronix "(2TB) 2-Tone Sunburst Electric Guitar". I believe they are the same guitar, as did my CSR and his Manager who approved the deal. My deal was done with MF in about 5 minutes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

americanmusical.com has the Charvel DC-2 for $249.95 in Flat Black. .

Those new Charvel guitars are fantastic quality. I was not familiar with them at all, but

my local GC got one in as used. I thought it was a custom shop guitar.

I was completely shocked when it said "Made in China" on the back. If they werent so

blingy I would buy one.

Archived