Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

wow.. one of the reasons I bought two guitars and a pedal from MF instead of just doing the 110% price-match from other online retailers was because I was told they were same as cash and were stackable when I spoke with the CSR on the phone. I was also told I'd get them all at the same time. are you guys seriously not honoring that now???!?!

Nope. Looks like all you take-take-takers are stuck having to use your GC's on Rogue gear.tongue.gif

At some point, you had to know there was going to be some give, some catch. All this yapping about "I got a LP Standard for $900!"...I'm still loling.

And before you guys get all butthurt, I'm sure your inevitable complaining and threatening to return all this gear will get MF to fold and all will be right in the world.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

Nope. Looks like all you take-take-takers are stuck having to use your GC's on Rogue gear.tongue.gif

At some point, you had to know there was going to be some give, some catch. All this yapping about "I got a LP Standard for $900"...I'm still loling.

I be spending mine on Musician's Gear stuff, not Rogue!!!!

• Members

15% Off Everything (?) at Austin Bazaar

Promo Code DEAL15

Example: A Squier Classic Vibe Tele is $301.74 shipped with no sales tax except in Texas.

These guys are legit and authorized for Fender, Squier, Martin, Marshall, Orange, etc. etc. etc.

http://www.austinbazaar.com/Guitars-..._campaign=menu

They have a price match policy, too. (It's the button labeled "Daily Special" on the product page)

And you get FREE PICKS and a bunch of other crap free, too (use the accesory pull-down on the product page)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sasjf

View Post

WARNING: May require some argument & may also raise your blood pressure

• Members

wow. some of us got great deals on nice gear from MF.

Why wouldnt there be some limits on the GC's? I was never under the impression it was same as cash, at least no one implied that to me. The word Gifts in there so I would expect limits, but thats me.

I'm a consumer just like you guys but I think they're entitled to make $omething $omewhere.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Salsage

View Post

Why wouldnt there be some limits on the GC's?

I'm a consumer just like you guys but I think they're entitled to make $omething $omewhere.

I don't have a problem with this but some of us were told some thing different when we made our purchases.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Salsage

View Post

Why wouldnt there be some limits on the GC's?

It is all about what was promised vs what will be delivered. Tell us upfront the policy and stick to it!

• Members

Yeah, what the crap? It's a friggen gift card, what if we have several $10 gift cards from this promotion? We have to make several separate orders? This is BS.

View Post

It was nice of marketing to let us know a week after the start of the promotion - I was under the impression (and was told by a few CSR) that gift certificates were same as cash.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...=#post47158098

Post #5 (11-24-2012)

"Hey guys,

The exclusions apply part pertains to qualifying price matches, not to the 50% difference we offer. If we match a competitor, you're going to get that 50% difference. It's kind of a lengthy thread, but I answered a lot of questions about it yesterday on this thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...lt-lt-READTHIS

I hopped on more towards the end. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at forums@musiciansfriend.com

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor "

How do you guys interpret this?????

• Members

View Post

Watch it - AMS is showing this as a "pre-order", so I has me doubts about a price match, unless someone at MF/wherever isn't gonna pay attention wink.gif.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

FWIW I just spoke to Justin at MF and here is what he told me. The above change applies to the front end of the purchase. For instance, you can NOT match a $400 Sam Ash product to a $800 MF product and then stack any other offer at the time of purchase (for instance BLACKFRI). He stated unequivocally that the Gift Certificates are always, and are still just like cash. He even said they are stackable on a single purchase at the Later date. He added that you could still use other codes such as the code of the day on the later date purchase when you use the Gift Certs. Point being, they are just like CASH. When you read the change in verbiage that's really pretty much what it says. If those two sentences are separate as they appear to be, that makes some sense.

Sentence 1) Gift certificates are issued in $5 increments up to $100 maximum.

Sentence 2) The 150% Price Match Guarantee is not stackable or combinable with other offers. Limited restrictions apply.

I'm not saying it's gospel, but I'm not too worried about it. That change wouldn't stop me from buying.

Don't forget that the Gift Certificates are valid through 1-31-2013.

This was the first I saw regarding "good as cash", not to discredit the posters words but this is word of mouth from post #827.

Who knows if there is a Justin at MF...anyways the price match guarantee has always stated: "You can then use that money on anything Musician's Friend sells (limited restrictions apply). Gift certificates are valid through 1/31/2013."

I am fine with limited restrictions, but there sure is a lot of thread crapping here on speculation. I can understand some irritation to Chris's latest post about gcs not being combinable or stackable. Maybe you were told "good as cash" on the phone, but that is a separate issue.

Don't get you panties in a bunch yet...relax.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

I called ESP Guitars and Justin was kind enough to send me an email confirming that Sonic Electronix is indeed an Authorized Dealer. MF matched their Tobacco Sunburst which is in stock with the Sonic Electronix "(2TB) 2-Tone Sunburst Electric Guitar". I believe they are the same guitar, as did my CSR and his Manager who approved the deal. My deal was done with MF in about 5 minutes.

Thanks. I'll give it another shot. It's good to know that Sonic Electronix is an authorized dealer. But how did you convince your CSR of that, or did you not have to?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xtchc1978

View Post

Not as good as those BB prices but maybe WMS actually has this in stockidea.gif

Fender American Standard Stratocaster Maple 3 Color Sunburst

After Promotion : $789.99

_1337151301.jpg

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Fend...-Sunburst.html

Nice! zZounds did a PM on a 2012 American Standard for me. Gotta try to get more off though

Archived