Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully there will be some great deals in two weeks when everyone starts getting their gift cards. I really wish that prs semi-hollow was still that price then. I highly doubt they would do 150% now with all these new ruled they added in. But its good untill the end of january bound to be something worth picking up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

Hopefully there will be some great deals in two weeks when everyone starts getting their gift cards. I really wish that prs semi-hollow was still that price then. I highly doubt they would do 150% now with all these new ruled they added in. But its good untill the end of january bound to be something worth picking up.

"You can then use that money on anything Musician's Friend sells (limited restrictions apply). Gift certificates are valid through 1/31/2013."

The big question is what kinds of disclaimers are they going to put on these 150% price match "gift certificates"? Will we be able to use them on sale items, can we stack them, can we get a 150% price match and also use one of the gift certificates on the order?

I'm expecting all kinds of problems actually using them, honestly.

Has anyone received theirs yet? They told me twice on the phone that they'd be sent when my order was shipped, but I have yet to receive one.

• Members

They told me they will send them through email but only after the the item is received and outside of the return window so they know people won't scam them for gift certificates and then return the merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

"You can then use that money on anything Musician's Friend sells (limited restrictions apply). Gift certificates are valid through 1/31/2013."

The big question is what kinds of disclaimers are they going to put on these 150% price match "gift certificates"? Will we be able to use them on sale items, can we stack them, can we get a 150% price match and also use one of the gift certificates on the order?

I'm expecting all kinds of problems actually using them, honestly.

Has anyone received theirs yet? They told me twice on the phone that they'd be sent when my order was shipped, but I have yet to receive one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

They told me they will send them through email but only after the the item is received and outside of the return window so they know people won't scam them for gift certificates and then return the merchandise.

Hmm, this says approx. 2 weeks. The return window is 3 days so now I'm really confused.

"Approximately 2 weeks later, you'll receive an email with the additional 50% difference in the form of an electronic gift certificate. "

• Members

View Post

Hmm, this says approx. 2 weeks. The return window is 3 days so now I'm really confused.

"Approximately 2 weeks later, you'll receive an email with the additional 50% difference in the form of an electronic gift certificate. "

So you will get it between 3 days after you get the item and within 2 weeks of purchase, so perhaps a 1 week window? I'm getting my Midtown tomorrow.

• Members

I got my Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar in Fiesta Red and it is definitely one of the highest quality

My next upgrade to my collection will be a 24 3/4" scale conversion neck for my strat. I don't think I'll ever play a 25.5" scale guitar again.

Thanks to whoever originally posted that Squier Jaguar from Best Buy!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Saw this on SD:

Seems pretty decent for a beater guitar.

ESP EC-50 Sunburst $100

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...EC-50-2TB.html

ec502tb.jpg

MF has it for $200, so you could 150% PM and get it for $100 + $50 GC(Which is under current cap)

Free tuner w/ec50 2tb ---add to cart.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s-GoGo-Jr.html

gogojr.jpg

• Members

View Post

Saw this on SD:

ESP EC-50 Sunburst $100

MF has it for $200, so you could 150% PM and get it for $100 + $50 GC(Which is under current cap)

I seriously doubt Sonic Electronix is an authorized dealer, so I wouldn't expect a pricematch. Might not be a bad little guitar though. 139 Reviews at MF are overall excellent.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

I seriously doubt Sonic Electronix is an authorized dealer, so I wouldn't expect a pricematch. Might not be a bad little guitar though. 139 Reviews at MF are overall excellent.

It does say in the description:

Authorized Internet Dealer

• Members

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay responding to some concerns that were brought up, and thank you for the kind words. I've been out since Saturday night. As far as the Best Buy prices and the delay responding, i assure you that it wasn't because we were waiting for the deals to disappear off BB's site. We got so many emails that it was hard to get back to everyone quickly. If you've still got a way to confirm the price for Best Buy, we're happy to check on it for you.

I just spoke with the contact center management earlier today about the declined price matches, as this should not be happening if it's legit. If you've got one you feel was denied in error, email forums@musiciansfriend.com and we'll give it another look for you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay responding to some concerns that were brought up, and thank you for the kind words. I've been out since Saturday night. As far as the Best Buy prices and the delay responding, i assure you that it wasn't because we were waiting for the deals to disappear off BB's site. We got so many emails that it was hard to get back to everyone quickly. If you've still got a way to confirm the price for Best Buy, we're happy to check on it for you.

I just spoke with the contact center management earlier today about the declined price matches, as this should not be happening if it's legit. If you've got one you feel was denied in error, email forums@musiciansfriend.com and we'll give it another look for you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Thanks for responding, Chris. You posting here really is above and beyond and I as well as many others appreciate your words.

Unfortunately many of the sweet deals are completely gone now -- deals like the $1099 Midtown Custom are no longer to be found.

I'm one of the unlucky ones that was completely denied all price matches attempted on Black Friday. You became involved and sent me an e-mail on Saturday. I did reply to your response (it went to ), but I haven't received a reply. I assumed you were out (we all need time off!). I appreciate your involvement!

• Members

View Post

Thanks for responding, Chris. You posting here really is above and beyond and I as well as many others appreciate your words.

Unfortunately many of the sweet deals are completely gone now -- deals like the $1099 Midtown Custom are no longer to be found.

I'm one of the unlucky ones that was completely denied all price matches attempted on Black Friday. You became involved and sent me an e-mail on Saturday. I did reply to your response (it went to ), but I haven't received a reply. I assumed you were out (we all need time off!). I appreciate your involvement!

Your email actually was held by my team for me to review. I'm still catching up on everything from being out, but I'll reply tonight. Sorry for the delays.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Your email actually was held by my team for me to review. I'm still catching up on everything from being out, but I'll reply tonight. Sorry for the delays.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

No apologies necessary -- I'm sure the break was well needed! ;-) Thanks for taking a look.

• Members

View Post

Saw this on SD:

ESP EC-50 Sunburst $100

After reading numerous positive reviews and scouring the web for pics I bought this. Looks like a no brainer with the price match.

139 Reviews

A Bunch More Reviews at Ultimate Guitar. Sort of shocking what some people paid for them there.

Nice Big Ebay pics on a closed listing - Page down for pics

Made in Indonesia

Archived