Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Yeah, damaged in shipping and not keeping it, but they don't have any more Midtown Standard P-90 models left. I only got it because it was too good of a deal to pass up with the gift certificate, and I'm sure they'll make me a deal on something else, but I can't really afford to keep it if I'm not still getting the gift certificate and I'm not sure I can make my money back if I don't like it and need to sell. Just a {censored}ty situation and further pushing me away from Gibson-style necks. I don't think I've had any better than 50/50 luck on shipping or having Gibson-style necks shipped to me. Not a good start to my day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150

View Post

The "special" link that they send you on a price match for whatever reason does not allow you to sign into your account, which is a PITA because then you have to reenter all of your info - unless it's a system glitch idn_smilie.gif

It is not a glitch, it has been that way for years. I was told by someone at m123 two years ago (maybe three) that they were 'working on it'...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by brianeharmonjr

View Post

Yeah, damaged in shipping and not keeping it, but they don't have any more Midtown Standard P-90 models left. I only got it because it was too good of a deal to pass up with the gift certificate, and I'm sure they'll make me a deal on something else, but I can't really afford to keep it if I'm not still getting the gift certificate and I'm not sure I can make my money back if I don't like it and need to sell. Just a {censored}ty situation and further pushing me away from Gibson-style necks. I don't think I've had any better than 50/50 luck on shipping or having Gibson-style necks shipped to me. Not a good start to my day.

Bummer, sorry you got a busted new guitar. Hopefully they can work it out for you. I definitely wouldn't keep it. Would you want this one?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

It is not a glitch, it has been that way for years. I was told by someone at m123 two years ago (maybe three) that they were 'working on it'...

Yeah, I've wondered if it is actually a way to keep that which one has purchased via price match from counting toward one's VIP points. It seems very suspect to me.

• Members

Here's a little more clarification I received from MF just a few minutes ago on use of the E-Certificates

Thanks for your inquiry. The e-certificates will not be good on MSP brands, a list of which I have provided below, or used and clearance inventory. As for your question pertaining to the certificate

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GulfportRMG

View Post

Here's a little more clarification I received from MF just a few minutes ago on use of the E-Certificates

Thanks for your inquiry. The e-certificates will not be good on MSP brands, a list of which I have provided below, or used and clearance inventory. As for your question pertaining to the certificate

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

just keep sounding less and less like gift certificates by the minute. basically their just coupons that can be used one at a time on specified non-sale items. seriously ridiculous that MF lured us in with promises that they'd be same as cash and stackable and now neither is true.

Same as cash, my ass...one thing I HATE is when retailers won't honor their own promotions/promises...the online merchants who offer price matches("we won't be undersold!") and then come up with excuses not to follow through with their own guarantees also gets me steamed...

• Members

Guys,

This is not accurate, things have changed this morning for the better. I'll speak to that more when I'm back in the office, but in the meantime, I ask that these last posts with brand exclusions be removed. I fear that some vendors might take it as a MAP violation. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Here's another interesting tidbit pertaining to the the 150% PM at musiciansfriend.

I just got off the phone with two separate MF CSR's who both say that these will be in the form of E-certificates that have NO exclusions and you can apply multiple E-certificates on an order as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Guys,

This is not accurate, things have changed this morning for the better. I'll speak to that more when I'm back in the office, but in the meantime, I ask that these last posts with brand exclusions be removed. I fear that some vendors might take it as a MAP violation. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Smithshred

View Post

Here's another interesting tidbit pertaining to the the 150% PM at musiciansfriend.

I just got off the phone with two separate MF CSR's who both say that these will be in the form of E-certificates that have NO exclusions and you can apply multiple E-certificates on an order as well.

Good deal, thanks for posting guys.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Smithshred

View Post

Unfortunately, with how fast this keeps changing, it can be hard to get the hundreds of employees we have in our contact centers completely up to speed. For the time being, I'd recommend emailing forums@musiciansfriend.com for details. I have a small team of 7 (myself included) who respond to this account, so it's much easier to have the most current info there.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

View Post

Guys,

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Chris,

Thank you for coming on this board and trying to clear up or make things right. I've been happier with MF lately with customer service AND shipping (I know there's always exceptions), but you walking in here while mud is being thrown around is appreciated.

• Members

View Post

Guys,

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Chris...you're a gentleman and your participation in the forum is greatly appreciated. I do, however, think that MF needs to iron out all the kinks and get all their sales reps on the same page before you guys start making promises you can't keep. As you can see in a forum like this one, word gets out at lightening speed and one customer service screw up can cost much more than just one missed sale due to a single pissed off customer. I'd also point out that any brand exclusions listed apparently came straight from musiciansfriend. I know I sound bitter, but I do appreciate all of your posts...

• Members

View Post

I ask that these last posts with brand exclusions be removed. I fear that some vendors might take it as a MAP violation. Thanks in advance!

MAP violation? A customer posted an email from your company on an internet forum- that's not advertising. It sounds more like your company has completely screwed the pooch on this pricematch fiasco and you're in spin-control mode. It's obvious the right hand at MF/GC/M123 doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I appreciate you're in a tough position, but don't just make up bull{censored}. Somebody above your paygrade needs to make a call on this, so get back to us when they do.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160

View Post

MAP violation? A customer posted an email from your company on an internet forum- that's not advertising. It sounds more like your company has completely screwed the pooch on this pricematch fiasco and you're in spin-control mode. It's obvious the right hand at MF/GC/M123 doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I appreciate you're in a tough position, but don't just make up bull{censored}. Somebody above your paygrade needs to make a call on this, so get back to us when they do.

That's a bit harsh. He's providing us a courtesy by posting here, and I for one feels he's going above and beyond. It sounds to me like he's going/has gone to bat for us. Let's keep it respectable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

I can appreciate those who took advantage of the MF gift certificates. I hope this all gets resolved to your satisfaction, and soon. I'm looking forward to see this forum return back to its regularly scheduled programming.

lol....this IS its regularly scheduled programming!!

• Members

I'm reluctant to reply, but... They haven't even sent out the GCs yet and many are pitching fits. Read between the lines folks. CB has all but said that he and his staff of 7 will be there to make it right. So wait till you get the GCs and then call a CSR and try to make your deal. My experience with these kinds of deal is that polite persistence will go a long way towards making your deal happen. When you get ready to spend the GCs, be polite, be persistent, and state your case with the CSR. If he or she shoots you down email CB and present your case. Have your documentation available and be prepared to present it for review. I have several GC's and I'm going to do my best to be a happy warrior when it comes time to negotiate my deal or deals. Best of luck to all.

• Members

Looks like Sam Ash snuck in another blowout - either that, or I just didn't notice before...wink.gif

ESP LTD EC256 Eclipse Electric Guitar in two-tone sunburst, normally $399, marked down to $199.99 (price shows up on checkout).

EEC2562TB_lg.jpg

Also, wine red Midtowns are gone - they still show CSB, VS and FB, though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

Chris, can you just us gear for free?

Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by teletaylor

View Post

Chris,

Thank you for coming on this board and trying to clear up or make things right. I've been happier with MF lately with customer service AND shipping (I know there's always exceptions), but you walking in here while mud is being thrown around is appreciated.

Ditto

Archived