The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

Yup, truss rod cover. Anybody know of a replacement trem arm?

I thought a Wilkinson bar would fit but its a narrower bar. Best best would be to try to get a replacement bar directly from Yamaha. I do have the factory spec document with the wiring diagram. If there's a part number for the bar I'll let you know. The only other bar I found that fit is the one from my Steinberger Spirit GU Deluxe which has an R-trem. It's the bottom bar in the photo. The bar on top with the longer shaft if the stock bar for Yamaha bridge.

ARMS_IMG_0505-1.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

No, he either flipped it for a profit or sent it back. I can't remember. I think he just didn't like the 335 type body.

I'm not super picky, but I've played a lot of nice guitars in my day... I'd say his was pretty much flawless.

Sure it would benefit from higher end pickups, but man... very solid guitar. Unbelievable for the blowout price.

Dang.

I don't mind the stock pickups, but they're a bit hot and touch hard to balance out.

Played it at practice for the second time and it was great. I really dig that guitar.

• Members

Yamaha RGX620Z update:

Finally had a chance to plug it in and discovered that the bridge pickup is not working. This is not a big surprise; I had one of these years ago and the 3-way switch went out pretty fast. No worries since I plan to make this a platform for upgrades. Thanks to the lovely and talented k_strat, I now have a PDF of the official service manual so ordering new pots and switch was a snap!

New question. I am seriously considering putting a Fishman Powerbridge on it. Anyone know if the TSV version (http://www.music123.com/Accessories/...03125.product?). I have quote from Music123 for only $145.60 and am sorely tempted.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonVMan

View Post

Anyone have knowledge on the greenburst RGX Ty Tabor Signature? Japanese made? A local shop has one for $600. Is that a fair price?

One of my faves! Usual selling price is $450-600. Talk 'em down and snap it up!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonVMan

View Post

Anyone have knowledge on the greenburst RGX Ty Tabor Signature? Japanese made? A local shop has one for $600. Is that a fair price?

One of the COOLEST Yammie there is. It's made in Taiwan which doesn't mean it's less of a guitar because of it. don't pass it up!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dmc69

View Post

156919a_20.jpeg

Does anyone know what this model is? It looks like an AEX1500, but it's bolt on, and doesn't have a pickguard.

I'm looking to buy this too, and what is a fair price for it, described as in excellent condition?

aex5xx

Aex502 is 2 p90s

Aex520 Is 2 minihums

Same size body, bolt neck

I like mine (502) a lot, not terribly valuable, though, I'd guess up to $300 would be fair value

• Members

View Post

156919a_20.jpeg

Does anyone know what this model is? It looks like an AEX1500, but it's bolt on, and doesn't have a pickguard.

I'm looking to buy this too, and what is a fair price for it, described as in excellent condition?

AEX500, the 1500's little brother. Magnetic and piezo pickups.

• Members

Thanks guys, it's a nightmare trying to track down older Yamaha models.

THe seller is asking 350 for it, a bit high comparing to what others on the web have been buying/valuing the guitar for, but I like it. 300 to me sounds nice.

• Members

View Post

156919a_20.jpeg

AEX500. OOPS!!! Didn't notice someone got it.

Archived