The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moot

View Post

I just traded my EBMM Albert Lee for a t-o-m AES-1500!

I loved the Albert Lee for lead work but the neck was a bit too narrow for cowboy-chords.

It's orange, like my 1500B, but it's a hardtail.

Without really planning on it I'm now a total Yamaholic now. I'm down to 3 guitars these days: an SA-2200 and now 2 AES-1500's, one with Bigsby, one without.

I'm still really wanting an SG-2000, though, if anyone wants to trade one to me. smile.gif

eek.gif Top notch trio. thumb.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jkater

View Post

eek.gif Top notch trio. thumb.gif

Thanks, man. You can expect some pretty explicit 3-way action pics soon. Well, relatively soon; we'll see how long it takes to get a guitar from Michigan to the Yukon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMC

View Post

I'm in the market for a bolt-on Yamaha bass (started with an RBX270, 'upgraded' to a thru-neck Vintage V1004 which I've not really bonded with)... I just missed out on a gorgeous RBX760A, which I'm kicking myself over:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2306709232...84.m1438.l2649

But am now watching this BB604 on eBay UK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=p5197.c0.m619

Basically what looks like a Jazz copy with active electronics. Anyone recommend them?

I'm now watching a BB614 (P/J pickups, bolt-on neck, 3-way active EQ, excellent condition, hard shell case)... can anyone recommend this model and a good price for a used one?

BB614-2.jpg

I'm looking to replace a Vintage V1004 (MM/J pickups, through-neck, 2-way active EQ) that I bought on a whim as I naively thought neck-through was the pinnacle of bass construction:

74749_p.jpg

As it happens it's too modern/smooth sounding with no real growl or thump. Plus I don't have a case for it (and don't want to spend £50 on one)... and for some reason (OCD) I want a Yamaha bass to go with my Yamaha guitars. Oh, and the BB614 has a midrange control which the Vintage lacks...

• Members

View Post

I'm now watching a BB614 (P/J pickups, bolt-on neck, 3-way active EQ, excellent condition, hard shell case)... can anyone recommend this model and a good price for a used one?

BB614-2.jpg

I can definitely recommend that model but have no idea what they go for in the UK. Good luck!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Radar-Love

View Post

Recently spotted in the wild:

Roye Albrighton of '70s progressive rock band Nektar playing a Yamaha SA2200.

dsf.jpg

Wow...I tried to remember the name of that band for a good 6 months before it finally came to me 2 weeks ago.

And now I see it here 2 weeks later.

I didn't think anyone remembered them.

Remember the Future

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wader2k

View Post

Wow...I tried to remember the name of that band for a good 6 months before it finally came to me 2 weeks ago.

And now I see it here 2 weeks later.

I didn't think anyone remembered them.

Remember the Future

Heh. A remastered "Remember the Future" got issued recently on CD. I always liked their later album "Recycled" the most, though.

By the way, I was lucky enough to see Nektar back in 1975. Pretty sure I recall seeing Roye play an ES-335 and the bass layer a Rickenbacker bass. They had a pretty spectacular light show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jkater

View Post

AAAARRRRGH!!! My dream guitar is on Ebay and I can't afford it.! It sucks to be poor.

Alex, if it's ok, I'm bringing this to the forum's attention with a thread.

You have the knack of finding gorgeous Yammies on ebay. You must have a built-in radar or something. biggrin.gif

Another top-notch Yamaha that is slightly out of my price range... MSG Deluxe (LP-ish double cut/twin HB w/ Floyd Rose/ebony fretboard/abalone inlays):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3207850809...84.m1438.l2649

The starting bid is £750 so it's just too much for me, although I'd LOVE to have it in my collection...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jgodin

View Post

Yes it is, But I'm looking for the original wiring, with Yamaha 5 way switch & tone cap value. I'm electronic tech, I know how to wire it from scratch....but my tech side is seeking diagram !

I know it's kinda late, didn't check this forum lately.

YamahaServiceManual.jpg

Hope your 5-way switch is still good or it cost $80 from Yamaha, it's a super switch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am thinking of adding a piezo bridge to my Yamaha SG200. Have to import so need good advise on which one. Definitely want the choice acoustic/electric/blend. Realise will need an on board pre-amp - will take the weight down a little, that thing kills my shoulder on gig nights. Thoughts/experiences? Thanks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta_blues

View Post

I am thinking of adding a piezo bridge to my Yamaha SG200. Have to import so need good advise on which one. Definitely want the choice acoustic/electric/blend. Realise will need an on board pre-amp - will take the weight down a little, that thing kills my shoulder on gig nights. Thoughts/experiences? Thanks.

You think Sg200 is weighty? eek.gif I have one myself, and it is nowhere as weighty as a Gibson SG, not to mention a Les Paul! eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KightTemplar

View Post

You think Sg200 is weighty? eek.gif I have one myself, and it is nowhere as weighty as a Gibson SG, not to mention a Les Paul! eek.gif

I was thinking the same thing.

My 200 was light as a feather. Made of Agathis if I remember right. The SG2000 on the other hand is pretty hefty at around 10 lbs.

• Members

View Post

BB614-2.jpg

Honestly, the passive BB414 sounds better. When I got mine I tried the 614 and the 414 side by side and the passive 414 had more character and more punch. Personally I also dig the guitar-like simple controls.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tincob

View Post

I used to have this one, GC30

CIMG2112.jpg

That's a funny coincidence

There are 2 photos of Nick Drake (around 1971) holding a Yamaha classical Spanish acoustic guitar in this contemporary edition of Mojo '60s - issue 2, pages 91 & 95

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2011/...2_is_here.html

The headstock has "YAMAHA" written across it.

Can anyone identify the guitar please?

Thanks,

Archived