THE DRUMMERS GIG REPORT THREAD...........

race81

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tore it up again tonight...got 6 more gigs from this new venue...AND...they want to bump the band they have for New Years and slide us in. We're not pushin...they're just rethinking their bookings. We are now officially in their rotation at least once a month! This is getting to be fun again!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Carminemw

View Post

Tore it up again tonight...got 6 more gigs from this new venue...AND...they want to bump the band they have for New Years and slide us in. We're not pushin...they're just rethinking their bookings. We are now officially in their rotation at least once a month! This is getting to be fun again!

Good to hear. Is this the close to home gig?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 6topher

View Post

Come on out tomorrow night just outside of DC & tell me in person how crazy & horrible I am for wanting to read about (gasp!) Drums on a Drum forum. Fifty-Four Forty or Fight!

^^^^this is where you brought your dirty laundry into another thread....

Quote Originally Posted by 6topher

View Post

I didn't bring anything up - you 2 guys did. I am not trying to control anything - it's got nothing to do with ads, jesus christ wtf is wrong with people? I don't think it is appropriate, Dendy says it is & that is it even though I don't agree. the end. you 2 move on.

Seems like most of you don't even understand the point. I know the member I was talking to doesn't, that has been demonstrated & it is OK. This is a place for drums not to shove politics down somebodies throat, not matter what side of the coin you like - sig or post IMO, but it is Dendy's opinion that matters. the end. OK?

there is no point to be made! Its the internet! Bringing you argument from one thread to another is childish. So I would wish everyone could move on, tired of seeing the games...

and also...............your sig is fine..........If it reflects who "you" are........its all good. Ive never seen but one person on all of Harmony Central call someone out because what was in theyre sig.

• Members

I see a tour bus in you future.......playing 3-4 times a week. Glad everything is going well, and also that there are still places out there that book like that. All the venues around here seem to be last minute....which drives me crazy.

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by race81

View Post

^^^^this is where you brought your dirty laundry into another thread....

there is no point to be made! Its the internet! Bringing you argument from one thread to another is childish. So I would wish everyone could move on, tired of seeing the games...

and also...............your sig is fine..........If it reflects who "you" are........its all good. Ive never seen but one person on all of Harmony Central call someone out because what was in theyre sig.

great - good for you and your lucid opinion! I'll reference whatever I want where ever I want, but thanks for your concern I hope you feel better.

give it up. I have no "dirty laundry", absurd. I stand by my valid point & accept Dendy's call. You obviously have some issue & want to nickel & dime this in other threads. It's you who needs to move on.

and yes, my sig is feeling ever so appropriate, thank you.

DRUMS->>>>Looking forward to my show tonight - taking the silver sparkle 65 Slingy's - 20/12/14 - gonna get musical w/ the surf band.

• Members

thats sweet....Im playing a venue next moth that is only a couple of miles east of me. I could barely hear the band there last night from my back porch.

View Post

Yes it is...took me a minute and a half to drive home...almost missed my street...lol

• Members

No more or less childish than feeling the need to comment back about it.

Equal culpability IMO.

The reality is, someone who feels the need to broadcast their off-topic views, no matter how right/wrong/lucid/absurd/whatever they may be should expect to hear about it from someone else sooner or later, period.

Getting bent out of shape about that occurring is only slightly less...naive, to put it politely, than being surprised that it generates some sort of response in the first place.

You put it out there.

Be prepared to reap what you sow.

• Members

I figured that eventually someone might say something Kmart, but I also figured that if I made it clear they aren't up for debate and that the "conversation" of my political beliefs has no place here that we could move on as adults and get back to the topics of our passions at hand. Apparently not.

I don't welcome attacks. I just don't have a problem with them either. I learned long ago that in the vast world of politics, allowing yourself to be upset and get emotionally invested in someone's lack of maturity accomplished nothing. After the way I attempted to handle the situation originally, his persistence in the matter only soliidifies his childlike mentality and inability to accept that not everyone has the same beliefs as him. Him feeling the need to bring it up yet again in another thread and derail that thread, along with creating a signature to counter mine simply to keep the insults going is the only proof needed to prove my point that he is a child. As for commenting specifically about here, I did so for two reasons. First, because it's a shame that no thread is safe from his mindless childish antics over a topic that never should have been brought up in the first place and as of a couple days ago should have been done, and two because in an attempt to help him realize his ignorance it should be thrown in his face everytime he takes away from this forum and robs it of its intentions which are to allow musicians to get together and discuss musical topics, not politics and the childish fights that goes with it when one cant accept that people are entitled to different opinions.

• Members

Come on guys PLEASE. 6topher - I never said you were wrong. I just said you weren't correct in your assessment. Let's face it... if you face book, you can't get on there without being inundated with political comments! Same with turning on the TV these days ... and it only gets worse for the next half of the year.
The sad thing: We don't have good options facing us right now, ... but I digress.
PLEASE let's take it back to drums.

I did my first gig with my old "blue jeans ... come as you are" Church this morning in 4 years.
IT felt great.
THE ONLY challenge is that they have gone from a real set to a set of roland electronic drums and cymbals, and that about wore me out trying to get used to hitting in the "right" spot and not having the feel of real drums under me.

But hey, it was awesome non-the-less.

D

• Members

It's cool Dendy - I accepted your call (even though I don't agree, this isn't facebook & is easily maintained as an "oasis" of drums without the mindless cheerleading of either side) all my posts have been drum content unless someone else brought it up.

I have easily moved along , just not sure how long I am supposed to absorb insults from simpletons before I respond? maybe you should do something about that.

• Members

No prob Dendy. Just merely pointing out the obvious.

As for gigging. Aside from what I already previously posted on the topic, some buddies are in a motorcycle club that just opened up a clubhouse. My buddy and I play a little together and are going to form something more legit to play gigs at the clubhouse when parties are going on. should be fun and a good way to network to get some more concrete gigs at other venues in the future.

• Members

Let's see:

Wednesday night, slept at 3:30 am, got up at 7:00 am.

Thursday night, slept at 2:00 am, got up at 6:30 am.

Friday night, slept at 3:00 am, got up at 7:30 am.

Last night, slept at 4:00 am, got up at 8:30 am.

I AM TIRED. Not gonna do ANYTHING today. I'm one of those that needs 8 hours every day, and these late night gigs have been preventing that. icon_lol.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

• Members

Had a great gig last night, playing Carlton's Walk In The Park Wine Festival, Leaves Russell's last gig near Portland for the year.

Sounds was awesome. Great free food, and excellent all-you-can-drink wine. Did I mention it was a wine fest? This was the first outing with Leaves Russell where I didn't drive the van, and had an opportunity to indulge in several alcoholic beverages. I had a great time.

Sound was killer, it was one of the rare occasions where I got a decent mix in my monitor. Only funny thing was the tension rods on my Tama snare. One on the reso side had come loose and worked itself all the way out and fell on the floor. Luckily I noticed it as we were packing up, but damn do I need some lug locks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gremson

View Post

Had a great gig last night, playing Carlton's Walk In The Park Wine Festival, Leaves Russell's last gig near Portland for the year.

Sounds was awesome. Great free food, and excellent all-you-can-drink wine. Did I mention it was a wine fest? This was the first outing with Leaves Russell where I didn't drive the van, and had an opportunity to indulge in several alcoholic beverages. I had a great time.

Sound was killer, it was one of the rare occasions where I got a decent mix in my monitor. Only funny thing was the tension rods on my Tama snare. One on the reso side had come loose and worked itself all the way out and fell on the floor. Luckily I noticed it as we were packing up, but damn do I need some lug locks.

Guess you should go back to the Ludwig! smile.gif

• Members

I played a fill-in gig with my old classic rock band on Friday night. It was at a country club. While we were setting up many people came up and told us that the first set would have to be quiet since there were still people having dinner. No problem, we did a quick re-arrangement to our set list to put the most low key stuff up front.

I played the first set using my hot rods and barely using my bass drum. Second set, I decided to notch it up a bit and pulled out my 7A's. The guitarist said that it was still too loud and I went back to my rods. About halfway through I got my 7A's out again and used them for the rest of the gig. Everyone else had turned up a little by then. It was a good gig with some nice eye candy on the dance floor.

Archived