THE DRUMMERS GIG REPORT THREAD...........

race81

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by danrothmusic

View Post

I thought you weren't with Griffon anymore--is this just a fill-in gig? Or did you come crawling back, begging them to take you again?

Probably a case of them needing to find a sub for the gig, and who better than the previous drummer? Happens to me every so often. Nice to 'catch up' with the guys, huh Fitch?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by the DW

View Post

Probably a case of them needing to find a sub for the gig, and who better than the previous drummer? Happens to me every so often. Nice to 'catch up' with the guys, huh Fitch?

Exactly. smile.gif It's a cover gig for them, and they're less than pleased with the behavior of their current drummer who ditched them for a gig with his other band where he plays bass. It's also their first gig at this new venue, so if Griffon cancelled, bye bye future bookings.

It is kinda weird in it's own way, but I'm honestly looking forward to it at this point. We've all grown up a bit and they're very appreciative of me taking the gig.

Now I just need a costume...

• Members

Played a great Halloween show on Saturday night in costume as The Village People (ugh). We laid out "YMCA" and "In the Navy" as well, which was good fun. People danced all night, and I was VERY happy with my drumming - nice deep pocket, great chops and energy, and kept the crowd moving all night! Plus, Sam Adams was there. *gulp*

620823_4768647662449_1139096022_o.jpg

• Members

nice fitch! We had our halloween gig last saturday also. Small venue, nice crowd, few hot lookin young things in knee highs and tu-tu's! People must have came to drink cause we had one of the girls fall on the dance floor early, landed right on her butt. They said she slipped on spilt beer. Then a little later a guy fell and crash over a floor monitor almost knockin it over, he was just totally blitzed...that and a small dancefloor with no where for the band to hide can cause trouble. All in all a good night. Venue did not comp our drinks this time, not sure what the difference is from one night to the other. None of us drink that much. Was asked to play there for new years eve, but have not decided yet. We already have a New years day gig, so we are holding out for a better venue if it comes along. If not so be it. Booked our first "friday" night gig in a really, really nice venue...cant wait to share some pics from this place. our photographer is slow with pics..when I get some I will share.

• Members

The shortest gig in history happened last Saturday! I was gigging with the Classic Rock band for some bar association party, and just before we were scheduled to start, it was announced that there was a Tsunami warning, and that Waikiki was to be evacuated by 10:30 pm (this was at 7:45). So we ended up playing 3 songs as folks were filing out, then played one more just for kicks to an empty room!

Two good things happened: 1) The Tsunami was nowhere near as bad as they thought it would be (thank you Lord!), and 2) they gave us our check just before the Tsunami announcement!

Bass player made the observation "we got paid $300 per song!" cha-CHING!! thumb.gificon_lol.gif

• Members

Careful what you ask for...

Dieing in the stalled writing phase with my main band, so I took a gander at CL ads looking for a gig drummer. Hooked up with The Lovely Lost here and now Im looking at 5 showdates here and in WA, and 2 nights in the studio for November.

So lucky they already have the drums, and I just have to show up and hit on them a bit. biggrin.gif

• Members

Saturday Night 11/3 I performed with the Ballard Sedentary Sousa Band for the 20th annual Sousa Birthday Bash. Sousa's birthday is actually 11/6 but since that was election night we had it on Saturday instead.

My brother came into town from Dallas to go to the gig. My other brother who lives here went too. The band was tight and the crowd was digging it. It was a fun night. My brother took this vid of us playing "Semper Fidelis". It features the Ballard Sedentary Sousa Band, the Ballard Sedentary Majorette, and the Ballard Sedentary Drill Team (crowd).

We only have 2 more gig. The Veteran's Day concert Sunday and one next month and then we're done for the season.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomdrums

View Post

Saturday Night 11/3 I performed with the Ballard Sedentary Sousa Band for the 20th annual Sousa Birthday Bash. Sousa's birthday is actually 11/6 but since that was election night we had it on Saturday instead.

You're the dude twirling, right? poke.gif

Just kidding! Cool show wave.gif

• Members

That's Honolulu. The place we were playing is at the entrance to Waikiki, and this is looking back at some of the city. That's the Ala Moana area in the picture. Can't really make it out, but the shopping center is on the right side, behind the boats.

Archived