THE DRUMMERS GIG REPORT THREAD...........

race81

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks a lot, appreciate it. It is a fun band, all 60's garage nuggets.

It was the 2nd wknd in a row that we played outdoors in 100 degree heat with stifling humidity - ugh. I usually engage my guitar player more at the end, but I was done, cut that junk short. thirsty.

• Members

Massive gig withdrawal here, too! Fortunately, I'm out again Friday night with my cover band, albeit it's the first show we've ever done with a fill-in guitarist. Should be fun, though - great player and a really nice guy (close friend, too).

Then it's another two weeks... back on track!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Carminemw

View Post

1st time in my life...tonight I am literally giging down the street from me. I can actually walk to the gig if I wanted!

Really weird time...6-10pm...they must have to get back home to catch Law and Order or something...idn_smilie.giffacepalm.gif

So you don't even have to load up the car then. Move your set Ringo style. I read that as a youngster he would move each piece a small distance and then move the next piece a little farther down the street. This way he could keep everything in sight.

Anyway, have a great time tonight and don't stay out too late.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drumstix101

View Post

So you don't even have to load up the car then. Move your set Ringo style. I read that as a youngster he would move each piece a small distance and then move the next piece a little farther down the street. This way he could keep everything in sight.

Anyway, have a great time tonight and don't stay out too late.

Don't forget the sign that says "FREE DRUMS." biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm picturing Carm running down the street, shaking his fist in the air, after two 8 year olds carrying a snare drum and a splash cymbal... hee hee. facepalm.gifbiggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 6topher

View Post

Come on out tomorrow night just outside of DC & tell me in person how crazy & horrible I am for wanting to read about (gasp!) Drums on a Drum forum.

well, the rest of us DO read about drums here.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

well, the rest of us DO read about drums here.

I thought that is what we are all TRYING to do free from the ideologues that we are all inundated with everywhere else. I was told I was wrong. So, your point?

• Members

Just got word we're playing this place again where we played the benefit a few weeks ago. It just so happens to be the night of Riverfest which means there will be about a quarter of a million people out and about watching fireworks and partying.

IMG00135-20120721-1816.jpg

We go on after the fireworks end. If it's anything like I expect, I will post pics and/or video.

• Members

View Post

I thought that is what we are all TRYING to do free from the ideologues that we are all inundated with everywhere else. I was told I was wrong. So, your point?

GET OVER IT!!!!!!...............please, ......and move on.

• Members

View Post

like the big musician's friend banner across the top of the screen? lol!

my point is, when you grow up you'll realize that there IS no never never land, and you cannot control other people, no matter what you spend to do so.

sorry OP. now I'M doing it!!facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by race81

View Post

GET OVER IT!!!!!!...............please, ......and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

like the big musician's friend banner across the top of the screen? lol!

my point is, when you grow up you'll realize that there IS no never never land, and you cannot control other people, no matter what you spend to do so.

sorry OP. now I'M doing it!!facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I didn't bring anything up - you 2 guys did. I am not trying to control anything - it's got nothing to do with ads, jesus christ wtf is wrong with people? I don't think it is appropriate, Dendy says it is & that is it even though I don't agree. the end. you 2 move on.

Seems like most of you don't even understand the point. I know the member I was talking to doesn't, that has been demonstrated & it is OK. This is a place for drums not to shove politics down somebodies throat, not matter what side of the coin you like - sig or post IMO, but it is Dendy's opinion that matters. the end. OK?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed

View Post

6topher --

Really nice flyer design. thumb.gif

Thanks!!!

One of the funnest parts of being in a bands for me is that creative outlet. I also am on "retainer" (rarely paid) for a band in Richmond & do all their promotional material & CD art. Very rewarding.

Archived