Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Members

back when I was married we had two gigs on the weekend down in Key Largo, about an hour and a half from the house.

I'm not the front guy who always got his share and ours so I was amused that a beautiful Hawaiian girl kept smiling at me all night. She finally came up to me when we were finished, wrapped her arms around my neck, and said I was going home with her. I thought of the wife and teenage girls at home, thanked the girl with her arms around my neck, told her it wasn't going to happen, and loaded the gear in the van with a smile. The band was staying at a friend's house that night so the next morning when I woke up I went to the kitchen to get some orange juice. As I walked by one of the bedrooms our lead singer was in bed with the Hawaiian girl on one side and a blonde on the other. SOB! I took a pic with my cell phone camera and shuffled off to get my OJ.

Last week the lead singer's girlfriend who was his girlfriend at the time asked me about that night years ago because the blonde had ratted on him. With a straight face I told her nothing happened and it was a non story, no pic taken, it never happened. Oh, I forgot to mention that the blonde was his girlfriend's mother. That's a lead singer for you.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KeysBear View Post
back when I was married we had two gigs on the weekend down in Key Largo, about an hour and a half from the house.

I'm not the front guy who always got his share and ours so I was amused that a beautiful Hawaiian girl kept smiling at me all night. She finally came up to me when we were finished, wrapped her arms around my neck, and said I was going home with her. I thought of the wife and teenage girls at home, thanked the girl with her arms around my neck, told her it wasn't going to happen, and loaded the gear in the van with a smile. The band was staying at a friend's house that night so the next morning when I woke up I went to the kitchen to get some orange juice. As I walked by one of the bedrooms our lead singer was in bed with the Hawaiian girl on one side and a blonde on the other. SOB! I took a pic with my cell phone camera and shuffled off to get my OJ.

Last week the lead singer's girlfriend who was his girlfriend at the time asked me about that night years ago because the blonde had ratted on him. With a straight face I told her nothing happened and it was a non story, no pic taken, it never happened. Oh, I forgot to mention that the blonde was his girlfriend's mother. That's a lead singer for you.
Yeah, so why don't we get to see the pic?

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by KeysBear View Post
Because I dumped it before I got home or my wife would have figured I was in on the party.
thumb.gif

Rule #1 for a married musician: ANYTHING given to you by a girl at the show goes into the dumpster behind the club ASAP and most definitely not into one of your pockets... eek.gif

Terry D.

• Members

Hmm...Well in my younger years..Too many too list...

Spring Break, Key West, Ricks/Durty Harry's...I was fronting with a 3 week strep throat and I lost my voice completely so the soundman took over lead vocals and I made a show out of lip synching to the point of unplugging my mic and dancing around..I was jumping into the crowd and they were carrying me..Crazy times!! Anyway...I would come back to the bandhouse which we affectionately called the Tuberculosis Hut (Because we were all sick!) and there would be 2 or 3 girls dancing on the table with my drummer Mickey drinking from whatever bottle he had and grinning...One night my guitar player and I were upstairs in a room with 2 girls and we were both literally almost arm and arm F#$%^&* these 2 college girls..Like we could high Five and {censored}...There was no bed so we were just on the floor..All of a sudden we hear a gunshot and a bullet flies up between us through the floor from downstairs!! The soundman was a maniac and shot a 22 pistol up at us because he thought it would be funny...Troy and I looked at the hole which was about 6-8 inches from either of us, between us, yelled down on Dave the Soundman that he almost shot us to which is replied with loud cackling laughter. Then we looked at each other, shrugged and both went back under our respective blankets to finish the job with our college girls....That was crazy!!! There are many other stories though..I had my fill of those groupies buy the time I was 18 for the most part so I guess I'm lucky. thumb.gif

• Members

Not really a groupie story but it was the beginning. One day when I was fifteen I was over at a friend's house waiting for him to change clothes after school. I noticed they had a piano and I asked if I could play something. I don't remember the song but when I was half way through his fourteen year old sister appeared out of nowhere and sat down on the piano bench next to me. She just stared at me with that look. It was the first time I'd seen that look and I knew right then I had something special going on with my music.

Like sventvkg said, there are stories, and I've lived a very nice life.

• Members

Hi Terry D,

Your story is excellent! Ha! I just read it! After you just wrote it 6 years ago. There is enough material in your story to write a number of great songs. Your story also fueled me enough to read all 65 pages of postings on this thread in one sitting. I think my eyeballs are going to fall out of my head.

What made your story so excellent was the interpretations and sensitive wisdom you pulled out of it and your life. Your sensitivity inspired some of the groupies to share their side of the experience. So, this thread was doubly rich. I can't wait to listen to some of your music.

• Members

And I wanted to add that I really enjoyed all of the other stores too! All the unvarnished truths about the road, beautiful or ugly, or funny or fugly that is why I read the WHOLE thread, with all its comments. Great stuff!

Now, I have to take my eyes out and soak them in a cup of water like my dentures.

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
It would be great to hear people write songs about the groupies in the various stories in this mighty thread.
My current band (see first link in my sig) primarily creates what we call "musical portraits of women." Granted, most of our current stuff is from the lesbian point of view on the subject, as my songwriting partner is one of those "ladies who love ladies."

Terry D.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't know if you'd count this as a groupie story so much... but anyway, here goes.

I play bass and guitar, haven't really done any actually gigging yet (I'm just eighteen, and still finding myself as a musician) but anyway, about a year ago, one of my mates, Matt, decided that it'd be great to pick up girls by pretending he was in my band. I didn't object to it, because Matt's just one of those guys who can get almost any girl he wants because he's hilariously funny, and that makes for an awesome wingman.

Two or three times, he and I built up this routine where we'd tell girls about the current 'band troubles' we were going through. Usually, they were true on my part, the only difference being that Matt wasn't actually the lead guitar player in my band. This routine was great, not only did we both hook up with some really hot girls, we met some great female musicians/singers.

At one particular house party, he and I shared a bottle of Jim Beam, and went about our not-completely-true routine, to great effect. I ended up hanging out with this cute blonde girl, whose name I won't mention. She was a little bit younger than me, with lush, golden hair and an amazing, curvaceous body for someone of her age. She was a very poised, affirming individual for a sixteen-year-old (don't worry people, I was only seventeen at the time); it turned out she was an aspiring singer actress, and she looked every bit of it, confident, smartly dressed, and most importantly, smoking hot. I was simply mesmerised.

The two of us sat together for awhile, away from the mayhem of the party, talking about music and life in between the occasional sip of Jimmy, when Matt came over, completely wasted, his third or fourth hookup hanging off him. By this point, I had my girl perched on my left knee, my arm around her, with my other hand resting on her leather-jacketed hip. Matt was more of a disturbance by this point; I knew that if he, in his Jim Beam-induced stupor, kept going with his lead guitarist bull{censored}, I would lose my chance with this beautiful creature, with whom I was now undoubtedly infatuated.

Matt, barely able to stand, slurred something along the lines of 'You guys are cute....you know....Timmy here can sing....and I play the guitar...we're good...you know you two should get busy', before he sauntered off again, his drunken hookup in tow.

I would've just gone for it, had she just been any average girl, but she wasn't. I didn't want to blow this opportunity; I didn't just want to bang this girl; I was honestly interested in what she was doing, and I hoped she'd be interested in my own music when she heard it.

She smelt the bull{censored} as soon as Matt hurriedly walked away;

'What's with your friend. Does he usually talk this much {censored} when he's drunk?' she asked.

I put one and one together and assumed that she thought my story was completely full of it too, so I stupidly replied 'yes'.

'I bet you and your friend think you're really cool, Tim. Anyway, you can tell a good story.'

Looking back, that whole 'we're' in a band' thing, was really {censored}ing cocky, even if my part of it was the truth. I thought my chance was gone, but, unexpectedly, the girl stayed right where she was on my knee, and her smile widened.

She put her arms loosely around my neck, her blue eyes wide like a cat's. She pulled herself closer, and ran a hand down my cheek.

'You're not like that other guy....what a cocky asshole....Tim, I'm going to make your friend see who's really cool'

...to be continued

• Members

Here's Part II...

Instead of up and leaving, my blonde goddess stayed exactly where she was, and the two of us made out for a bit. After a while, we got up and the rest of our night was spent either dancing, or sharing swigs of everybody else's unattended liquor bottles when no-one was looking. Both of us got pretty drunk together, but neither in a particularly bad way, just laughing and smiling at each other the whole time; for that entire night, we only had eyes for each other, and for once, I wanted that with a girl.

I probably knew half-a-dozen people there, so I still tried to get round to all of them and have a chat. My girl, on the other hand, was there with all her friends, but despite this, she just kept coming back to me. It was like she didn't want to be away from me. That's happened a few times in my life, when a babe is just drawn to you, and latches on for the rest of the night, coming back for make-out session after make-out session, (and in this girl's case, a quick stroke of my abs, she'd been putting her hands there since she'd been sitting on my earlier in the night). I might've found her constant coming back to me really annoying if she hadn't been a ten, and if I hadn't liked her so much. I can only imagine how it would've looked, me having this Kate Hudson lookalike trailing after me for the entire night. I felt on top of the world.

We didn't {censored} that night, she 'wasn't that easy'; in fact we didn't do anything that night, although I did have a good feel of her firm c-cups. I've always been into dating girls who respect themselves and their bodies, girls with boundaries (for the first short while I mean), it really shows a sort of security for her fidelity to you in a relationship, no matter how short it may end up being.

All this time, Matt was off spinning his 'band story' on just about every girl he saw. After everyone began to leave (Matt and I, and a few others, decided we were crashing the night, regardless of what the host said), my girl gave me a long kiss, and slipped her number to me, before heading off home. As soon as she was gone, Matt was right there in my face, not jealous of my hookup like I'd expected him to be; he was more proud of the nine girls he'd gotten with over the course of the night, and the three he'd banged. Here I must add that despite his impressive performance, his standards weren't great: that number included several somewhat fat chicks, and one who'd been barely able to stand, who'd been pulled off him by a security guard. I guess any hole is a goal, and Matt really tore it up like a rockstar that night.

As for my Kate Hudson doppelganger, we dated for a few weeks, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. She lived a couple hours away, which was enough of a problem for me at seventeen (no licence in Victoria 'til 18), and she went overseas with her parents for the rest of the summer, after we'd only known each other three or four weeks. She didn't tell me until a few days before she left; I was pissed that she hadn't told me, and when I confronted her about it, she simply told me she 'wanted to make the most of my short time with you, Tim'.

I never really knew what that meant, and that was the last time I ever saw her. I'd like to think that she really thought I was the right guy for her, at the wrong time and place in both of our lives. I guess I'll never know, but maybe she really was as serious as I was.

Maybe she'll turn up at one of my shows someday.

Thanks for reading........sorry if it came out a bit romantic and sentimental, and I focused more on my feelings for the girl etc.....I have a far raunchier, more rock n' roll story that again involves me, my mate, Matt and his 'we're in a band' routine, if you guys want to hear it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

we played a wedding saturday. A guest walks up after the set and she says "you guys were great". I thank her. She says "what are you going to do now"? I said, I'm not really feeling like going out. I'll probably go home and play acoustic guitar in my living room". She says "that sounds fun". My fill in bassist looks at me like WTF?!?! I was happy. And no, I didn't play acoustic when she got to my house.