Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well, ever late to the party, I just read Mr. Knobs/Terry's facinating story- more than seven years after it was written. Well written, for sure, and it kept me up till after 2 am when I had SWORN I was getting to bed early tonite. I certainly hope no one takes what I say next as disrespect- I assure you, I throughly enjoyed the story, and would not wish to take anything from it or it's author.

Thanks! :)

Interesting that he insist it is all true, although the side-story of the chain is a pretty dead giveaway that it is fanciful at best- but more interesting that he can't keep up the ruse entirely. He outs himself with this line:

That was a pretty large piece of Chapter 12 indicated by your ellipsis.... :lol:

The fantasy in question was my fantasy of what I would do to my supervisor who got me fired, having nothing to do with the bubble bath later in the chapter. Bubble baths were Gail's thing, and sometimes I would take one without her just to sort of relive that first sexual encounter in my mind. :)

The story's quite true, though of course the dialog is imprecise at best. I don't have a "photographic" memory for detail like that. :idk:

Speaking of photographs, here's the front page of the paper that got me fired.

Page1RD.jpg

:wave:

Terry D.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I was in the garden centre of all places one day and the girl working in there recognised me from one of our shows. She was a petite brunette with a nice chest and she kept saying "oh you were amazing, I loved your set" and basically really badly flirting with me. So I asked her if she wanted to grab a drink later. I got her number and called her later and we had a drink in the bar. Sooner or later it was obvious she wanted to go, so I said "you go home, I need to finish a few things at home" you know, playing hard to get to lead her on. So she went home but then called me about 20 minutes later and asked if she could come over. I pretended to reluctantly agree and told her "don't forget 'the stuff' if you know what I mean" and she laughed.

As promised, she came over 10 minutes later and brought me some more Miracle-Gro from the garden centre.

And that's how I grew peas.

*drum roll* ho ho ho

• Members

Used to happen quite a bit when I was a high school kid playing clubs and high school dances (I was much younger than the rest of the band).

Now I'm old, fat and married. Never happens anymore. I wonder why?

Not sure why you're not attracting the ladies anymore, but the reason I'm not is because I'm old, fat and married.

• Members

I was in the garden centre of all places one day and the girl working in there recognised me from one of our shows. She was a petite brunette with a nice chest and she kept saying "oh you were amazing, I loved your set" and basically really badly flirting with me. So I asked her if she wanted to grab a drink later. I got her number and called her later and we had a drink in the bar. Sooner or later it was obvious she wanted to go, so I said "you go home, I need to finish a few things at home" you know, playing hard to get to lead her on. So she went home but then called me about 20 minutes later and asked if she could come over. I pretended to reluctantly agree and told her "don't forget 'the stuff' if you know what I mean" and she laughed.

As promised, she came over 10 minutes later and brought me some more Miracle-Gro from the garden centre.

And that's how I grew peas.

*drum roll* ho ho ho

Wow, that's hawt. :o

Glad to see this thread is still here. It's one of my best contribs to HC...for some time I couldn't find it anymore in the search. :(

I'm relieved now. :)

I may be permabanned soon...so plz guys keep this thread going, by all means. Thx. ;)

• Members

Lee,

Thanks for the kind words. It WAS very cathartic for me, I've kept (most) of this story to myself for more than 20 years. I appreciate you allowing me to share it here despite the graphic nature of the events.
:)

And I agree with what you said about the nature of art. I'm sure you've heard the old saying, "A good song tells the world something about yourself you'd rather they didn't know. A GREAT song tells the world something about yourself you'd rather not know yourself."

In any case, I hope I at least added a little to the hit count on this new forum. Maybe some of the folks who visited to read this will check out a few of the other threads, meet some of the nice people here, and decide to stick around like I have.

Terry D.

Fantastic Story Terry, and the rest of you too but that really, like seriously, yanked on the 1 heart string i have for this stuff, i have to say though, it only lasted me 1/2 of braveheart!

• Members

I'm looking at some options concerning my groupie story currently. If you can spare a moment, please click the link below and take the poll. Thanks!

Groupie Story Poll

Terry D.

So.... You posted your stories.... Then posted links to your stories... Now ou have a poll about the link to your stories? Just how many random people from the Internet need to read your stories before you feel cool? The only one I read was the one about the Driskill Hotel because I live in Austin and it sound a lit more like an older guy pretty woman-ing an 18-year-old methhead than it did a groupie story.

• Moderators

Just how many random people from the Internet need to read your stories before you feel cool? .

If I was trying to feel cool, there's plenty of ego fodder in this thread already. :idk:

All I'm really trying to do is get some sort of realistic estimate of how many people have read it and (optionally) what the average reaction is. That would be useful information for me as I decide what to do next.

But if you see it in this light, I'm sure others will too.

Nevermind, sorry for offending.

Terry D.

• Members
  • Moderators

Wow what a great read. I read that over two days here at "work". Some life you've lead. An almost movie-like ending. Bit lucky eh?!

Bet you have other great stories to tell.

I'm thinking this story is the middle of three, chronologically.

The first would begin when I was 16, a completely sheltered shy boy working in a totally nude strip club that was raided every Wednesday by the cops. In the course of just one week, I got drunk, stoned, arrested, saw my first naked woman, and got paid for playing music for the first time. The experiences and abuses I received there over that 9 month period changed me profoundly and affect me to this day.

The third part, beginning after the Gail breakup, would be the story of the young woman introduced in the last chapter, the communal house on Timberline Drive, the intense, bitter struggle between her and her best friend Marcie, the suicidal nympho, and my complete abandonment of conventional life for the seedy underside of life. It would include my tours with country artists (definitely need to change the names!), and the mysterious young girl Shiela with the eyes that only tracked together when she was drunk. My eventual redemption and reconciliation with the New Year's Eve girl and subsequent marriage to her would wrap up the book and the set.

Terry D.

P.S. By the way, my "Tales from the Road" are linked in my sig.