The worst hit song ever?

Phil O'Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like U2... Used to like them a lot more, but now Bono's voice is a bit too, umm, serious for me. But I love everything The Edge does, even into the Achtung Baby era. Though my favorite song of there's is "The Wanderer," cuz it's sung by Johnny Cash!

Oh, and even though I didn't liked em at first, 21 Pilots has been all over 91x, and they seriously grew on me, mainly for the lyrics. And hearing the range of styles of their songs leads me to think they're doing the music a little tongue-in-cheek behind sincere and complex lyrics. At least that's how I justify enjoying their tunes.

• Members
Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I used to hate this one too. It has grown on me because now I see it as purposefully comical. I used to wonder what was that terrible annoying sound... It was the bass auto wah, a sound I can never take seriously. So now I tell myself they purposefully made the bass laughable, which matches with the funny lyrics.

Anywho, is Ed actually banned? Was there a kerfuffle that got others banned too? Is that why no one is around to declare Trump the debate victor?

PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD BACK TO THE POLITICAL PARTY !! )

fetch?photoid=31414626&thumb=1fetch?photoid=31414626&thumb=1fetch?photoid=31414626&thumb=1

Sorry - I let it have a long run over there, and I wanted to let the SSS folks (many of whom never post in or even look at HCPP) have an opportunity to contribute to it - and I also might share it in one of our Newsletters, and I never send people to the poli forum from the newsletter links. :wave:

• Members

Sorry - I let it have a long run over there, and I wanted to let the SSS folks (many of whom never post in or even look at HCPP) have an opportunity to contribute to it - and I also might share it in one of our Newsletters, and I never send people to the poli forum from the newsletter links. :wave:

10-4 BOSS !! )fetch?photoid=31414626&thumb=1

fetch?photoid=31477486&type=thumb

• Members

Any song that was a hit had something going for it that people responded to. I try to listen for that "something" rather than just dumping on a song because it fails in other ways.

In pure musical terms, 98% of pop music is derivative, trendy, shallow, baby-simple, pretentious, and sold on fashion rather than real content. So why bother finding the worst? Seems to me the exercise reveals more about the opinionizers than the actual music mentioned.

I know of course what I find impossible to listen to - but I don't bother hating on it. Who knows, I might hear something in it one day that I missed before. Or not - that's fine - I'd still rather spend my time pondering the mysteries of really good stuff than frolicking in the spew of my own contempt.

nat whilk ii

Archived