The worst hit song ever?

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I confess I actually really like a lot of these songs- the more boneheaded, the better. Anyway, here's another one that's profoundly stupid. Punk happened for a reason- exhibit A. Bonus points to the video maker for utilizing the insipid movie that the tune "inspired".

• Members

"Sometimes When We Touch," by Dan Hill. It's like he was instructed to over-emote as much as humanly possible before doing his vocal, then he did six more takes where after each one, he was told repeatedly that he hadn't over-emoted enough.

But few standards of awfulness can reach the level of Neil Diamond's immortal reggae version of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

• Members

That Dan Hill song makes milk curdle and flowers wilt- inexcusable! Perfect representative still on the YouTube thumbnail, as well. And love the poodle-hair guitarist nodding along in deep empathy as he waits to come in.

Was that Neil Diamond song a hit? I'm hoping not. If not, and we can open up the field to horrible songs that weren't, then that's a whole different ballgame.

A, shall we say, NIGHT game....

• Members

Some of you might dig on this, but hey, I dig Surfin' Bird. But both songs might have the same effect: you hear the first bit of vocal and you want to yell obscenities Tourette-style. You know you're in for a little ride you don't want to take (*)....

(*something I feel the same about for another hit "Hey Jude")

• Members
I'm a little late to the party, so I don't know if it's a repeat or not.

Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen

t's a repeat, but worth mentioning twice, LOL. Checkout my video on page 8 (Post #114).

My next candidate is any of the spoken word recordings by William Shatner, but the one I remember is "Lucy in the sky With Diamonds"

Archived