Planned gear purchases for '15?

hellion_213

• Members

A new router, some bits and a hunk of mahogany. I'm going to build a tele-clone out of some salvaged barn wood and I want to order an Ampmaker kit as soon as they are back from the holiday. In the mean time I'm going to run down to the music store today and buy a little cheapie amp (probably the Blackstar ID) to get by. Not too exciting....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Solid wood Rosewood/Spruce dread with a big f'ing neck and plenty of string spacing on both the nut and saddle. Currently doing research to see if anything like that exists.

Seagull Artist Peppino CW. 1.9" nut width: http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-Artist-Peppino-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B003C80SEU. The Artist Studio CW is similar but with a 1.8" nut: http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-Artist-Studio-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B003C80SEK.

• Members
Buttcrust - like the Moon Rock? Wrgkmc - cool man, bringing life back to some vintage gear :thu:

Freeman - right on man, make sure to post pics of the build :thu:

90_dc125-small.jpg

Carvin 125 - like this one?

Yeah, it's like that one. It's Alder body, flamed maple neck, floyd, ebony board, stainless frets, reverse pointy headstock, Tobacco Burst, with the rounded body edges. And the previous owner swapped the Carvin pickup out for a Screamin' Demon. It's practically mint and plays like butter.

• Members

Yeah, it's like that one. It's Alder body, flamed maple neck, floyd, ebony board, stainless frets, reverse pointy headstock, Tobacco Burst, with the rounded body edges. And the previous owner swapped the Carvin pickup out for a Screamin' Demon. It's practically mint and plays like butter.

I'm with you on any color other than Fire Engine Red. I found out that with a single-pickup guitar I spend more time actually playing guitar instead of fiddling around with flippy switches and twistyknobs. I'm still working on adopting that mindset when playing other guitars with various tonal options "Just turn all the knobs up, put the pickup selector in 2nd gear and call it good".

• Members
My friends and family will have me committed to a psychiatric hospital if I buy any more guitars.....unless I sell a few. So, that's what I need to figure out. Which guitars do I get rid of so I can buy something new?

or one of these

2013_gretsch_g5620t-cb_green_semi-hollow-body_electric_guitar_1060172-2.jpg

Never owned a Gretsch.

I obtained something a bit similar a while ago, I dig the cat eye sound escape openings, different. and, to me it sounds OK, actually, really OK.

47c3d3cf-52a9-4ca7-ba16-b66b14c8ba7c_zps8f8a038f.jpg

what's not to like...

• Members
My friends and family will have me committed to a psychiatric hospital if I buy any more guitars.....unless I sell a few. So, that's what I need to figure out. Which guitars do I get rid of so I can buy something new?

I would really like an SG.

I would also like one of these:

250-4811-553-2.JPG

or one of these

2013_gretsch_g5620t-cb_green_semi-hollow-body_electric_guitar_1060172-2.jpg

Never owned a Gretsch.

I can help you with the first one if you aren't fixed on the Bigsby. 6118 in mint condition, will make you a good deal!

• Members

I've got a gazillion guitars so there are really only two I'm still lusting for before I shut down my GAS once and for all: a Gretsch 6136SS (Stephen Stills White Falcon), and a Dudenbostel dreadnought. The former merely requires money; the latter...well, first you've got to find one for sale, then you need a LOT of money.

• Members

"big" as in wide, deep, fat or all of the above? budget?

1.75 nut width, 2.25 saddle, .90 to ..99 neck thickness approx with a C or D profile, no soft V's, like some shoulder. I played a Larrivee L03R the other day and it was close. I guess I'd spend $1500.

• Members

Pedals and Recording Gear are at the top of my list.

Pedals:

Keeley Compressor

TC Helicon Mic Mechanic

Beat Buddy

Voodoo Lab pedal or two

Recording Gear:

Upgraded Monitors (defeinitely at the top of the list)

Instrument Condenser Mic

Mac Mini Loaded with Logic (Pie in the sky)

There are other things but those are the must haves.

• Members

1.75 nut width, 2.25 saddle, .90 to ..99 neck thickness approx with a C or D profile, no soft V's, like some shoulder. I played a Larrivee L03R the other day and it was close. I guess I'd spend $1500.

The Seagull Artist Studio CW I mentioned has a 1.8" nut, no idea what the saddle measures. It's in your price range: http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-Artist.../dp/B003C80SEK. The Taylor 410 has a 1.75" nut and back and sides of ovangkol, which is tonally similar to rosewood: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/410G. It's a bit over your price range though so you'd need to find a used one.

Archived