so, apparently people from oregon hate californians?

echodeluxe

who gives a {censored}, it's oregon

Have you ever visited? It's an incredibly beautiful state. Their coastline is as stunning as anything you'll find on the east coast, their forests and mountains and rivers are quite spectacular... of course, there's the ever present earthquake threat, and the Cascade subduction zone offshore which makes living on the coast a tsunami hazard, and various volcanoes that could decide to uncork and take you out.. but pretty much wherever you live, if Mother Nature decides she wants to mess you up, she's got the tools available to her to do it up in spectacular fashion... ;)

BTW, where do you live Robo?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I go to U of O, which people call USC Oregon. Tons and tons of USC and Stanford rejects go to U of O.

University of Oregon is where California sends its rich kids who can't get into a UC. It's a good school that you can bribe your way into by paying out of state tuition. There are schools in Arizona that serve the same function.

• Members

and goodhonk, right now i work in retail management out of necessity. i can do electronics assembly (just dont make me freehand drill anything!) and testing, ive worked at various foodservice places, and have been a manager of a few. i have great customer service and leadership skills, i just know the job market is bottom heavy and if im gonna get a job up there, its gonna be because i know someone awesome whose gonna hook me up.

anderer, you couldnt pay me to live in PA. bleak and dreary existence.

i kid. pa was nice except for shamokin. really small, dark mining town. bleh.

• Members
hahahahahaha i dont think anyone else caught this.

and nic, i already love you motley bunch of crazies.

:lol: I {censored}ing hate gas drillers. Piece of {censored}s are jacking up the local economy so it can bottom out in 5-10 years and leave our area a ghost town. Good thing I'll be getting the {censored} out of here before that. And they drive they assholes.

• Members

The sentiment is similar in Washington too, but it's more specific towards Southern Californians. Please stay away.

Crap, Im looking to move up there and I was born and raised in CA, specifically SoCal, more specifically LA. Is this not going to end well???

~Aaron

• Members

{censored}. i wanna get the {censored} out of here.

The Bay Area used to be a great place to live (20 or 30 years ago), but, yes, it has been taken over by the money crowd. Lived there for 12 years and got out 20 years ago - everytime I go back it seems to be getting worse (expensive, a**holes everywhere, etc).

• Members

There actually is some history to it, and perhaps for older generations california hate was a bit more real.

Back in the 1800's a number of california banks supposedly moved up here. took everyone's deposits... then closed up shop and took the money back to california.

For a long ass time all the bank of america's in oregon and washington were called seafirst bank. I think the history is mostly forgotten by most people who are alive today.

Completely uninteresting thread just got interesting.

• Members

Me and my ol lady moved from Oakland, CA to Portland, OR at the end of 2007.

I've heard from numerous people the job market is really tight.

I had no trouble lining up an auto tech gig. There were a number of offers, it was more about selecting the pay and line than fighting for work. If you have applicable skills, there are plenty of decent gigs. If you have a BA in English, the barista scene is packed and you will be broke as hell.

YMMV.

Why the hell would you leave Oakland Jack?

Land of the free, Home of the RAIDERS.

Portlands got breweries man. And great places to drink said brews.

East bay rules!!! (help get me otta here)

• Members

Hey we Coloradoans hate Texans and Californians. Does it stop the f**kers from coming here and not understanding that 4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop? No. Do we discriminate against them? Only if the f**ktards ask us for Broncos tickets to cheer on the Raiders or the Cowboys.

• Members
Hey we Coloradoans hate Texans and Californians. Does it stop the f**kers from coming here and not understanding that 4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop? No. Do we discriminate against them? Only if the f**ktards ask us for Broncos tickets to cheer on the Raiders or the Cowboys.

you_mad.jpg

• Members

you_mad.jpg

Only in the Winter. Now that it's Summer, they all flock back to California to go surfing. It's quite peaceful without them. "I miss the ocean man..." Good. Then go back to it. Go far, far, far, far, far away.

But echo, you're cool because you agree that the Raiders are an awful organization filled with hoodlums and lead by one of the most demented figures in all of sports, whose fans are so ashamed of being fans of this awful and immoral outfit that they dress up in garish costumes to prevent being recognized in fear that they will be harassed around the water cooler on Monday mornings.

• Members
Robo lives in the same area as me. From the pictures I've seen, we aren't far off Oregon in terms of landscape. Beautiful mountains and forests. Nice lakes and rivers.

I've been through PA several times, I must have missed the 11,000' volcanoes and year-round skiing. I think the only beaver left in PA is that sweet bearded piehole Robo calls a mouth.

:lol:

Archived