so, apparently people from oregon hate californians?

echodeluxe

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

bump this {censored}er so tantamo can tell me more.

sup

I've lived in Salem but not Eugene so I'm not that knowledgeable. Just going on looks and from spending a day here and there in Eugene and passing through it many times, it's just a much nicer place. It's further south so it has a much less rainy climate. Also it has a large university there so it's basically a college town and as such has a bit more culture than salem. Just overall it's a cute little town with a nice vibe, but as with portland you'd better like hippies!

Really though if you're moving to oregon I would think portland would be a better bet. But not salem, it's like a ghost town.

• Members

I've lived in Salem but not Eugene so I'm not that knowledgeable. Just going on looks and from spending a day here and there in Eugene and passing through it many times, it's just a much nicer place. It's further south so it has a much less rainy climate. Also it has a large university there so it's basically a college town and as such has a bit more culture than salem. Just overall it's a cute little town with a nice vibe, but as with portland you'd better like hippies!

Really though if you're moving to oregon I would think portland would be a better bet. But not salem, it's like a ghost town.

I don't know if it's still like this, but back in the day (early 90's) one of my friends had some friends down there. We went down to visit one night thinking we'd have a night of reckless fun. We got down there just before dark during the summer (9pm maybe) The whole town was shut down. We drank like two beers at their apartment... We couldnt even find anything cool to vandalize.

Anyway, as if anyone ever considers moving to Eugene don't cheap out and live in springfield. (eugene's "suburb") I am pretty sure it's the welfare recipient capital of Oregon. That is unless you like single mom's that don't use birth control. Last time i was there I was went to a grocery store and the girl in front of me could not have been older than 18, had three kids, and was cashing her welfare check.

• Members

thanks, tantamo!

are there many good venues in eugene? easier to find a job than in portland?

• Members
That is unless you like single mom's that don't use birth control. Last time i was there I was went to a grocery store and the girl in front of me could not have been older than 18, had three kids, and was cashing her welfare check.

:love: my type of girl

• Members

thanks, tantamo!

are there many good venues in eugene? easier to find a job than in portland?

Honestly, I am no expert in eugene and am not the person to ask... It's not a big town though and I would expect it would be even harder to find a job there than in portland (which it sounds like is hard enough now as it is). I would try the city data forums, they're good for any city you're interested in moving to.

Archived