OT: New Fries at Wendy's

BTBAM

• Members

I've been wanting to try White Castle since the Harold & Kumar movie. Is that place even worth going to?

its definitely a different tasting burger, but at 2am nothing beats it. i love their fries since they are usually really salty and soggy :love: a sack goes great with a chicken ring sammich too

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed, Wendy's new fries and the applewood smoked bacon they brought out are both welcome additions. Not sure what you Americans have there, but in Canada we have a double stack sandwich which was revised to include more toppings and lowered in price by 30 cents. Awesome move by Wendy's, that has become my go-to burger whenever I visit. Big fan of the new fries as well! :love:

• Members

Zips has a great traditional burger. Several cheese options, honey-egg bun...really nice flavor.

However...Terry's is sort of a specialty place. Huge burgers, tons of interesting topping options.

I liked the Roasted red pepper and goat cheese with sauteed onions and mushrooms on top of mine.

The wife is from the 'nati as well. What part of town is Terry's and/or Zips? I may have to check one out next time we are there.

The Penguin in Charlotte has some of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Their onion rings and fried pickles are amazing as well.

• Members

Wendy's new fries are great. I forgot that they were switching over, so when I went there last week or so, it had a different taste....for the better. I was never much a fan of Wendy's fries before, but I can honestly say that they've stepped it up alot. Their chili is damn near home cooked in terms of quality.

• Members

Wendy's new fries are great. I forgot that they were switching over, so when I went there last week or so, it had a different taste....for the better. I was never much a fan of Wendy's fries before, but I can honestly say that they've stepped it up alot.
Their chili is damn near home cooked in terms of quality.

Truth. That's my go-to item in the winter. Throw some crackers in there and it's on.:love:

• Members

I usually go for baked potatoes at Wendy's instead of fries. For fries I enjoy Brahms' crinkle cut fries- I ask them to make them extra crispy. Mmmm!

Another good fry place is semi-local: Freddy's Frozen Custard. Steakburgers, tasty fries, and chocolate custard. Awesome!

• Members

If Wendy's could transition to fresh cut fries (aren't potatoes cheap enough?) then that'd be awesome.

I'd imagine it's because fresh cut fries would be too time consuming for employees to deal with, rather than a question of food costs.

el pollo loco still dominates every other fast food chain. they used to have good fries too :(

chick-fil-a is glorious also.

Archived