OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe all who voted for pro-abortionist candidates will have to answer to murder one day before the throne of God.

It is God's duty to be the judge of that, not yours. Unless you believe your opinion is greater than the will of God (which is rather blasphemous), its a bit redundant to even consider such matters.

• Members

ChristianRock's actually been pretty nice about the entire shebang, compared to some of the OJers I've seen.

His 95% number is however completely fabricated. 1 reply at page 1 (which was about yes on 8). Nobody gave a {censored}. 1 reply at page 6, obviously used to show a stereotype. Again, nobody gave a {censored}, until he brought it up himself at page 8.

• Members

It is God's duty to be the judge of that, not yours. Unless you believe your opinion is greater than the will of God (which is rather blasphemous), its a bit redundant to even consider such matters.

I happen to have a bible (or ten).

And yeah, what force am I using? My wonderful biceps? The Force? My charm? Or some other force I'm not aware of?

• Members

Well, as a bible-believing evangelical Christian I believe 95% of the people in this thread would probably like me to lie dead somewhere. At least from reading the 8 pages in this thread, it seems like there's a lot of gnashing of teeth going on against christianity here.

(Might as well bring in the underlying theme of christianity which is present in the election, and make this whole thread implode
:p
)

Well, I hope that you stay healthy. the worst I would wish on you is that you would learn to think more analytically about some of the things that you say, and also what effect they might have on other people. No one really likes the implication that they are going to burn in hell....even if they are.

You also should not equate born again, bible thumping, evangelical christianity with christianity in general. When someone says something negative about YOUR brand of christianity, they are not necessarily also imputing this to more nuanced versions of what it is to be a christian, or what it means to interpret the bible.

• Members

When a secular genius says the word "force," they really mean "mention."

:lol:

A lot of times, they also mean "you force your views on me when you vote according to them" - as if that wasn't exactly why democracy is needed - to vote on the candidate of the majority. That is basically what the complain about evangelicals and the 2004 elections can be summed up as.

• Members

It's always about "Jesus hatemongers", "pseudo-christian idiots" and all that stuff.

Every leftist I know blames evangelical christians for 8 years of Bush administration, and thinks that literal bible belief is what makes Palin an abomination (I also believe the bible literally, am pro-life, etc).

But go on, I guess my attempt to derail the thread has failed
:)

Well, yeah - you believe that the bible should be interpreted literally, AND you have expressed extremely conservative beliefs, bordering on intolerance, though I understand that you don't categorize them that way. Most people who have this kind of relationship with christianity have similar types of beliefs. You are smarter than Sarah Palin, however - she is incredibly stupid and also has these beliefs, and it makes her one scary candidate. But yeah - I would never vote for someone who has beliefs such as yours. I don't think that you, or someone like you, could differentiate church and state when it really came down to it, and I think that our liberties would be seriously endangered.

• Members

How do you know whether a I saw it or not? You just assume, like everybody always assumes stuff, I'd think you'd know better because you of all people always complain of stereotyping.

I saw a good part of it. Couldn't stomach the whole thing.

GWB appointed two supreme court justices
that would overturn Roe v. Wade if they were given the chance
. You think that's not doing anything? It's doing more than anyone has done since 1973. You are completely uninformed.

Complete and total cop-out response. If given the chance? You have to realize that.

What about Jesus Camp turned your stomach? There was no leading. There were no interviews. It was purely documentation. What about that was so reprehensibly left-leaning? :confused:

And about stereotyping...assumption is not stereotype. I had asked you if you saw the film a few posts ago. You didn't say you had, but instead went on to suggest reasons why you wouldn't see it. That was deliberately misleading on your end.

Not that it really matters. We're only debating ideas here...not ourselves as individuals.

I think all of this is healthy!

And i luvvs the CR. (Also CR, I'm not uninformed, thnx)

• Members

A lot of times, they also mean "you force your views on me when you vote according to them" - as if that wasn't exactly why democracy is needed - to vote on the candidate of the majority. That is basically what the complain about evangelicals and the 2004 elections can be summed up as.

So secular geniuses are forcing abortion on me by THEIR vote. I sees. :thu:

• Members

LOL. This makes me seriously
:lol:

Jesus Camp was made by Nancy Pelosi's daughter. Surely she didn't have any bias
:idea:

I am an evangelical christian. I would have voted for Bush if I could. I would vote for McCain if I could.
:wave:
What are all the curse words people can throw at me for that? I'd do it for my conscience, too. I believe all who voted for pro-abortionist candidates will have to answer to murder one day before the throne of God.

In other words, if democrats would not go for policies that go completely against christian moral and belief, maybe they could blame evangelicals for not voting for them. It's like the Bacon Party asking for the vegan vote, if I can use that as a comparison, and then getting mad when they don't get their vote.

Most people believe that they are following their conscience. That, in itself, does not excuse one's actions. You express extremely intolerant views, and those that would restrict our rights - and you base these on an interpretation of religion that is totally unsophisticated - just a literal interpretation, which most educated people simply laugh at. But then you also feel insulted, because you feel that you should be some kind of an exception - that you're ok because you like synths? I think that basically you're a nice guy, but you really just don't get it.

• Members

Well, I hope that you stay healthy. the worst I would wish on you is that you would learn to think more analytically about some of the things that you say, and also what effect they might have on other people. No one really likes the implication that they are going to burn in hell....even if they are.

Yeah but it's a belief, not a sentence. I'm not sending anyone to hell. I'm not the one who determines whether people will go to hell or not, and I'm not even the one who determines whether there is a hell or not.

Reality exists regardless of people's beliefs, and if hell does exist, it will exists regardless of whether you and I believe in it or not.

So I can't see how you can be offended by someone else's belief.

You also should not equate born again, bible thumping, evangelical christianity with christianity in general. When someone says something negative about YOUR brand of christianity, they are not necessarily also imputing this to more nuanced versions of what it is to be a christian, or what it means to interpret the bible.

Throughout this thread I've identified myself as an evangelical christian for that reason. But I'm not sure why you're bringing this up.

• Members

I'm not even sure why this is being debated. If Roe vs Wade is overturned, then one could reasonably say that evangelical christians have forced their beliefs on us.