OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Members

Do you feel global climate change is real and caused by man?

relevance?

Im kind of confused by the propaganda by both sides honestly.

I dont believe Al Gore, and i dont believe the deniers.

I believe people shouldnt get so crazy about this buzzword, and just take care of the earth, dont put bad stuff in the air, dont mess with it too much. Is the earth cooling or warming? They have told us both over the years. I dont buy it.

that being said, the earth is a strong mofo.

thats all you get, baiter ;)

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
relevance?

Im kind of confused by the propaganda by both sides honestly.

I dont believe Al Gore, and i dont believe the deniers.

I believe people shouldnt get so crazy about this buzzword, and just take care of the earth, dont put bad stuff in the air, dont mess with it too much.

that being said, the earth is a strong mofo.

thats all you get, baiter
;)

I see. So, you feel that your position is centrist?

• Members
...but I'm just trying to explain to you that if you go through life expressing these beliefs of yours, people will be offended.

You don't have to tell me that, I know that already. And it's ok, I'm not trying to win a popularity contest.
Now I don't think it's fair to call christians nasty names because people don't agree with them, and I'm just trying to make that case. Ultimately though, if people want to continue doing that, it's not going to ruin my day.

• Members
Do you feel global climate change is real and caused by man?

I feel the global climate change is real and man has probably accelerated it through pollution.

I also see absolutely NO PROBLEM with industries' taking stronger measures to make less of an impact on the environment.

• Members
I see where you are coming from. This would be a different thread, then, because I think it's a technical point on Bible interpretation rather than a rational point.

Right, and I just brought it up because when I say "evangelical christians don't pray to people, just to God" someone else might say "wait, I saw a catholic church with an image of a person and people were praying to that person, I could hear them". It was for clarification.

• Members
Hi. What do you feel about global warming (or cooling, depending on the election year)? Thanks!

You don't have to worry since you believe that Obama is ruining the country anyway! Why not stacking up on can food or even better, get a plane ticket to see what other countries do LOVE Bush.

• Members

my belief is that a baby exists upon conception. It is a belief that is a religious one, that i feel is based on the Bible.

however, scientifically there is (as of yet) no way to really prove when life begins, no?

so how can you possibly force this belief upon people who dont share your view of god?

Again you mention this force. Is it The Force? Or a Magnetic Force that I'm using against the supposed weaklings that I'm supposedly oppressing? Or what kind of force is it?

• Members

That's not the intent of the filmmaker, in my opinion. Why fault the film for others' reactions?

That's like my faulting the Bible for the Westboro Baptist Church.

Well I saw enough of the movie that I believe it was the intention of the filmmaker to portray what was going on through her own interpretation of it. It's the way I saw it.

• Members
Obama has laid out the framework for destorying the country as we know it.

Well let's see here...

- You're in an economic crisis and dragging the rest of the world into it
- A lot of people outside the USA don't like the way how your country thinks that it needs to "protect the world of terrorists", but you're bombing innocent people yourself
- Both are to blame on the republican policy of the last 8 years

Don't you think change is good? Retorical question, because you'll never admit that Obama will change things and McCain will only worsen them.

I myself wanted to go on a trip to the US next year, but I'm actually scared to go... I still have a picture of the NY skyline in my room, and some paintings of the empire state building. I'd love to see it some day, but not if your county is the same state it is in now. I think I'll wait till after the announced economical recession, hoping the USA will restore itself to it's former shape, the way it was when Clinton was president: a great nation that does not invade countries for vague reasons.

Just my point of view btw, I might be totaly wrong on this one...

• Members

it's rather a pathetic indictment against our education systems that there is still an abortion issue- when we discovered when human life begins 30 years ago [around the middle of the third trimester when the limbic system is able to feedback action potentials through the completed frontal cortex- which is when the substrate of consciousness- and thus the beginning of 'soul'-of any kind is established- before that feedback starts- the foetus is equivalent to a specialized fibroid tumor with no neural map to identify it as a self/soul under any accepted physical or metaphysical definition]

and of course it was predicted and verified that selection has guided that this occurs at the same time the lungs are being completed enough to make the foetus viable if born premature [premature foetuses with no brain function died and did not reproduce]

that people don't generally know or accept this fact is entirely because they spent to much time making fun of nerds instead of listening to them

there is no abortion debate- there are a few misguided folks who cling to a modern religious dogma- there is no admonitions against abortion in the bible- until modern times abortions were considered nothing but female menstrual hygiene! they were performed primarily with a stick porous wood like elm and turpentine-