Your favorite high-gain pedal, money no object

scolfax

• Members

If you could buy a great high-gain pedal today, and price wasn't an issue, what would you get?

The Wampler SLOStortion sounds really great in demos, and I'm so very tempted to blow my savings on it. But there may be cheaper pedals out there that sound as good. I mean, I can get a used Suhr Riot for $100 less. Heck, I can get a used Satchurator for $175 less!

But I digress... what would you buy today, regardless of price?

• Members

I'm digging the Hughes & Kettner Warp pedal. The sub switch is great an the tone is more like a voicing control which morphs between a dry mid-focused and more scooped tone. lack of separate bass/mid/treble controls aren't actually an issue.. very well balanced sound across the whole tone control actually. It's as good as some

• Members

I really like the Supercollider .... it can get pretty gritty at low gain settings but it's also pretty damn massive when dimed. Plus the EQ is great on that pedal.

IMG_1128.jpg

this and my blackarts pharaoh. not at the gain levels of the ts' pedal pick, but are amazing pedals non the less.

• Members
I'm digging the Hughes & Kettner Warp pedal. The sub switch is great an the tone is more like a voicing control which morphs between a dry mid-focused and more scooped tone. lack of separate bass/mid/treble controls aren't actually an issue.. very well balanced sound across the whole tone control actually. It's as good as some

• Members

Pedals for high gain? lol. Even lower end tube amps like a 5150 will completely destroy any pedal I've ever heard.

Agreed, unless we're including fuzz pedals in which case I vote for the Skreddy Zero.

If you just want high gain on the cheaps and aren't worried about being a tone snob, keep an eye out for an Ampeg VH-140C.

• Members

As a pretty big hater of high gain pedals in the past, I've started to open up a bit more to using them. That being said, the Suhr Riot is a great pedal for that hot rodded marshall kind of tone. Worth a try. They're working on what they call the "Mega Riot" which sounds pretty cool, I'll probably pick that one up.

There was a high gain Damage Control pedal that was pretty cool, can't remember the model though. I'd love to give the Wampler stuff a try they seem highly regarded in the Amp sim pedal market.

• Members

If you could buy a great high-gain pedal today...

... what would
you
buy today, regardless of price?

Faustone-Valve-Klipper-1.jpg

At "only" $600.00 i am deff getting a Valve Klipper . . . not this year, but i am dead serious when i say i am getting one.

This is pretty much two entire pre-amps in a stomp box format.

And i know my 50W Bassman is gonna love it !!!

Archived