Supa-Puss

ben_allison

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I can't see the 919 getting off the ground now, but who knows.

So here's a quick question, I'm assuming this could work. If I were to run my pedals in this order: dirt, etc>m5>left out to Supa Puss input>left input of Hardwire Supernatural reverb>amp1, then, out of M5 right > input of Supernatural right out to amp 2. Why would I do this? For when I want certain effects of the M5 in stereo. What I would lose: Amp 2 would not get the Supa Puss effect, but this is probably ok.

Otherwise, I could do M5 mono out >Supa Puss>mono input to Supernatural>both amps, then both amps have the Supa Puss effect, but the M5 stereo effect would be nullified.

Which way would you do it?

I was looking for info, and stumbled upon a blog with Jeorge Tripps where he was talking about his delay pedals. Here's a quote from it:

Rumors of something called the Supa Puss have been floating around for a while now. How is it different from the Aqua-Puss and the Echo-Puss?

JT: The Supa-Puss is for players who want the next level of control. Like the Echo-Puss, the Supa-Puss has tone and modulation controls, but it has six bucket-brigade chips and an even longer delay time. It also has tap tempo and lets you control the behavior of the repeats. Also, it uses a different type of bucket-brigade chips than either the Echo-Puss or the Aqua-Puss, so it does have its own tonal character. These chips have low headroom like the others, but I wanted to take that grittiness a step further with the Supa-Puss, so I added a distortion circuit at a certain place in the signal chain.

When is the Supa Puss coming out?

JT: We

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by blueboxer

View Post

So does anyone have insight into the 3000ms tap tempo aspect of this thing? It must have some sort of digital circuit going on right? Can six analog brigade chips do 3 seconds of delay time without some sort of digital assistance?confused.gif

PGS vid said 900ms. 3000 seems cray cray. Maybe that's a misprint?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo Negro

View Post

PGS vid said 900ms. 3000 seems cray cray. Maybe that's a misprint?

Kinda what I'm wondering too. On their website someone (not PGS) says it's 900ms with the tap tempo, but 3000ms otherwise. Not sure why that would be. Maybe there's a mode that increases the amount of time somehow, I dunno. I'm gonna ask and see. 900ms is enough for me though. I used to want more, but truth is I seldom use more than 600ms. Sometimes a bit more is nice, but 3000ms is certainly more than I will need 99% of the time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

It might be one of those things, like the new Moog delay where you can do really {censored}ed up awesome lofi time stretching when using extended tap tempo-ing. I believe Moog calls it "under clocking"

I think that's what I had heard is happening here too. Seems pretty awesome.

Archived