offsquiers

victor2k

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess is that these are fake. Squier seldom puts out models with this many different colors for one model. And to have the features that the AVRI has is ludicrous. It doesn't make financial sense. The only thing that makes sense is to make similar version of the Mascis JM in different colors, production wise this is the most viable option here. And I believe Phil has stated several times that he has asked the Fender/Squier people if other colors were coming and they said no.

Yap, giving it a second thought, Fender usually never allows the Squiers to be exactly like the AVRIs, not even the new 50th anniversary has the same specs!

A 'real' Mustang around $350 would sell. Dibs on red.

If I recall correctly, they're not that inexpensive - $600 or so "street", based on the Yen to Dollar conversion - something like that... and they're FSR's (Factory Special Run) - which means they're only making a limited number of them, and they are ONLY available in Japan. At least that was true of the Squier Mustangs... this is the first I've seen of the Squier Jaguars and Jazzmasters.

• Members

Sooo.. word is that they seem to be real! OP posted that took them from inside, apparently.

Also, Jaguar and Jazzmaster share the same colors on the pics, so that super light green jazzmaster may just be washed out by bad photo editing. It could easily has the same tone the Jag has.

Amazing if they come up to the market, that green Jag.. :love:

I believe Phil has stated several times that he has asked the Fender/Squier people if other colors were coming and they said no.

I did - and they did. As far as I know, there are no plans to make the J Mascis Jazzmaster in any other colors.

These OTOH, are not J Mascis Jazzmasters. I'd bet they're FSR's, which means limited numbers... probably made at the request of a dealer in Japan, who was willing to purchase enough of them for Squier to build them in a limited / special run.

I'm off to Fender Japan's site to see if I can find any more info...

• Members

{censored}, they even have legit Jazzy/Jag bridges. Yet no trim-lock?

Damn, if they are real and they have legit Jazzy pickups I will be getting one of those Jazzmasters!

I think you can see the "seymour Duncan design" on them

Archived