offsquiers

victor2k

• Members
Every time I see someone post about swapping out the pickguard on a J Mascis Jazzy, I ask the same questions:

Where did you purchase the replacement pickguard?

How well does it line up / match up with the shape and screw holes of the stock Mascis pickguard?

PS That tort is going to look really nice. Pics when it's done please.
:)

I replaced my JM JM gold pick guard with a fender mint green and the holes matched up perfectly. Also replaced the tail piece with the fender one with the lock button and matched up the same as well.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I replaced my JM JM gold pick guard with a fender mint green and the holes matched up perfectly. Also replaced the tail piece with the fender one with the lock button and matched up the same as well.

Thank you - I especially appreciate the confirmation on the vibrato plate / tailpiece holes lining up. :cool: You're the first person I've talked to who has tried that, and while I suspected the hole patterns were the same, I hadn't been able to confirm it yet.

• Members

Every time I see someone post about swapping out the pickguard on a J Mascis Jazzy, I ask the same questions:

I think Gambit may have posted in another thread that the pickguard was custom made by someone in Holland but I may have imagined/misremembered that!

• Members

How well does it line up / match up with the shape and screw holes of the stock Mascis pickguard?

PS That tort is going to look really nice. Pics when it's done please.

there'll be a thread this weekend since i'm planning to strip the guitar down then, painting the rthym rollers aged white aswell.

the tort is from a USA 62 reissue.

there'll be a thread this weekend since i'm planning to strip the guitar down then, painting the rthym rollers aged white aswell.

the tort is from a USA 62 reissue.

Cool - thanks. I'm looking forward to it. :snax: Good luck with the mods - please take lots of pictures. :wave:

• Members

Went around the internet looking for more info.. went to TGP, and seems like nobody bothered to open a thread over the guitars forum.

But there was a select series NGD, with "blew my expectations" and "Looking forward to a tone report" comments. :lol:

• Members
Went around the internet looking for more info.. went to TGP, and seems like nobody bothered to open a thread over the guitars forum.

But there was a select series NGD, with "blew my expectations" and "
Looking forward to a tone report
" comments.
:lol:

:facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I know something... kinda... but I am not really at liberty to say really, even though I was told nothing - which told me a lot. :lol: Sorry to be so cryptic, but let's just put it this way - one of those green Jags is looking more and more like it's going to wind up in my hands eventually. :love:

I asked people that I know who are in the know if they were real and going to be available in the USA and Europe, and I told them that if they're real, Fender / Squier is going to sell a ton of them... and was told in reply that "we'll have to wait and see, if you catch my drift."

If they were FSR for Japan only, I normally would have been told that outright, so the reply I got was quite encouraging... I suspect we'll see them released in some form or another - they still may be only doing a limited run for all I know - here in the USA sometime by the end of the summer, if not sooner. That's not official, and I can't cite my sources, but that's my best guess.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he makes deliveries in the summertime to all to good surfer boys and girls. :)

• Members

I asked people that I know who are in the know if they were real and going to be available in the USA and Europe, and I told them that if they're real, Fender / Squier is going to sell a ton of them... and was told in reply that "we'll have to wait and see, if you catch my drift."

If they were FSR for Japan only, I normally would have been told that outright, so the reply I got was quite encouraging... I suspect we'll see them released in some form or another - they still may be only doing a limited run for all I know - here in the USA sometime by the end of the summer, if not sooner. That's not official, and I can't cite my sources, but that's my best guess.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he makes deliveries in the summertime to all to good surfer boys and girls.

was that so hard :idk:

that jazzy seafoam will look nice with a tort pickguard, real vibrato, and maybe a pickup swap if they sound bad

• Members

Well, I know something... kinda... but I am not really at liberty to say really, even though I was told nothing - which told me a lot.
:lol:
Sorry to be so cryptic, but let's just put it this way - one of those green Jags is looking more and more like it's going to wind up in my hands eventually.
:love:

FESS UP, PHIL! :D

• Members

Archived