Jack White + Telecaster

shawnd2007

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why two differnt backing bands between vids...

I read that he's touring with them both, and that they've both learned different versions of all the songs so each gig will be unique...or something. No idea why he'd do that on a TV show though. Maybe just because he can.

Wish I'd caught Later... didn't realise it had started again. It's repeated on friday, right? (Or is tues the repeat?)

• Members

I read that he's touring with them both, and that they've both learned different versions of all the songs so each gig will be unique...or something. No idea why he'd do that on a TV show though. Maybe just because he can.

Wish I'd caught Later... didn't realise it had started again. It's repeated on friday, right? (Or is tues the repeat?)

He decides which band is going to play a given night during breakfast. During rehearsals for the tour, he didn't let either group hear the other one so they could develop their own style. He's using the two different groups to give a different feel to the songs. You can find the jools clips online and then watch the clips from a German late night show. The women and men play on the opposite song between the two shows and there is a bit of a different feel for each clip.

• Members

He decides which band is going to play a given night during breakfast. During rehearsals for the tour, he didn't let either group hear the other one so they could develop their own style. He's using the two different groups to give a different feel to the songs. You can find the jools clips online and then watch the clips from a German late night show. The women and men play on the opposite song between the two shows and there is a bit of a different feel for each clip.

Cool idea but an expensive one.

• Members

Three Amp heads and Four Cabinets...

This sounds like the White Stripes but with a competent drummer. I have no idea what the rest of the band is there for since I can only really make out Mr. White and the drummer. Not the best song he has ever written but not the worst either.

• Members

So... he can even make a telecaster sound sloppy

Say what you will about Mr. White but he is quite a showman, and lets face it when you play live, giving a good performance is pretty important. Not everyone can be Prince i.e. A technically killer and spot on guitar player while essentially {censored}ing the entire audience from the stage but JW gives it a good go.

*edit*

I actually appreciate his "sloppy" playing. To much of todays music is groomed to death and lifeless. His attack the guitar approach is refreshing in todays music world.

• Members

Why is that?

I think because Jack White is the boss there and if he doesn't like someone's personality during his creative output, he can easily find someone to replace them :lol:

Thing I'm confused about is the "he can make a telecaster sound sloppy" post. I have No clue what that means. Telecasters are inherently neat? I thought they were commonly (and oddly) known for not covering up flaws... which means they'd amplify mistakes/slop. :shrug:

Archived