Jack White + Telecaster

shawnd2007

• Members

Yea, but hey if he can do it a bunch of musicians now have jobs. In fact, I think Jack White's sideprojects/backing bands/etc... has created more jobs in this recession than either political party's policies combined.

I am sure all the band participants are paid well and I have no doubt JW can afford it. Im just saying... I play in a duo and I find it hard enough to get the two of us on the same schedule / wavelength that I can't imagine orchestrating that many personalities for a few songs here and there then rustling up a whole other group for a few songs here and there.

I wonder how many tour buses he is using to get from city to city?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think because Jack White is the boss there and if he doesn't like someone's personality during his creative output, he can easily find someone to replace them
:lol:

Thing I'm confused about is the "he can make a telecaster sound sloppy" post. I have No clue what that means. Telecasters are inherently neat? I thought they were commonly (and oddly) known for not covering up flaws... which means they'd amplify mistakes/slop. :shrug:

In a broad general stereotype kinda way, Teles are associated with a lot of technical chicken picken so since he is just bashing out chords and a heavily effected and loose solo it kinda goes against the stereotype. It (Tele) is a very unforgiving instrument and if your technique is shabby it will be very very apparent.

As far as the musicians go i am sure they are taking complete direction from JW but that still doesn't change the fact that touring must be like a class trip in elementary school with all those people. I wonder if JW walks up front with a long stick and a colored rag on it so those in back can see where they are going or perhaps a walking rope.

rr748_f.jpg

• Members

I am sure all the band participants are paid well and I have no doubt JW can afford it. Im just saying... I play in a duo and I find it hard enough to get the two of us on the same schedule / wavelength that I can't imagine orchestrating that many personalities for a few songs here and there then rustling up a whole other group for a few songs here and there.

I wonder how many tour buses he is using to get from city to city?

Well.. the difference between you and him is he's actually good and makes money doing it.. in fact.. enough that he has time to orchestrate and to pay the members to clear their schedule.

• Members

Wish I'd caught Later... didn't realise it had started again. It's repeated on friday, right? (Or is tues the repeat?)

Tuesday is the live 30 minute show, then the extended (1hr 5m) programme is on Friday.

• Members

It (Tele) is a very unforgiving instrument and if your technique is shabby it will be very very apparent.

Why are Teles so unforgiving in your opinion? I see this sentiment every now and then, and I can

• Members

Well.. the difference between you and him is he's actually good and makes money doing it.. in fact.. enough that he has time to orchestrate and to pay the members to clear their schedule.

.....and probably has people that are paid to do the people management.

• Members

Yeah, it's BS myth and legacy surrounding the Tele........like a mythical beast, the Tele has become a giant fire breathing dragon with sharp tail and destroys villages.

a base tele compared to most other guitars you see on the circuit is icepick bright with low output, which for most usually = mistake exposer.

Archived