I Worked 70 Hours This Week

six acre lake

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I travelled interstate to play 2 gigs, rehearsed a few times, spent an afternoon teaching, and that's of being a full time student.

Probably adds up to 40 hours, depending on how much of the 30 hours I was travelling/playing out of tow you consider working :idk:

• Members

i wanna work for sal.

Admittedly, Its not easy to work with / for me. I am particular and expect a high level of finish, moody and under a lot of stress all the time. Its my name / rep on the crew and because of this I often take the job way too personal and want / expect only the best, which I can't always get because of unrealistic deadlines / budgets created by production which only cause me to be more moody and upset.

Somehow, with zero prior experience as to how a scenic crew operates, ChristainATL has found a way to make my life easier. Talk about luck... Here is a dude I never met before aside from chatter on the Internet... A dude from HCFX who needed work and a change in situation. A dude I simply spoke to on the phone a couple times and had a good feeling about. A real work horse. Since inviting him to come up north and work with me and my crew he has stepped up in the biggest way and made my life easier. It's a weird job, asking weird {censored} but he never has a bad attitude (that's my job) and has been an asset in every way. He is often the "polite" face / voice to my operation / crew and I have been complemented numerous times because of him.

ChristianATL for life.

• Members

Whats going on in the US? 50, 60... Hours a week?! Are you all modern slaves?!

Or are you all millionaire for working that much?!

If its your own business i understand otherwise its modern slavery to work that much

Some have no choice, some have a choice...

Some do it because their job gives them a sense of purpose.

Some do it because they need to provide for their family.

Some do it to simply stay busy.

I do it because in 3 more years I'll be able to sit and enjoy a part of my life with steady income and not having to lift a finger. I belong to all of the above and will probably maintain some type of purposeful employment after I retire.

Archived