I Worked 70 Hours This Week

six acre lake

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

91 And counting...
:(

What I should be adding up is how many hours I've slept this week. Around 4 maybe?

I feel ya, man. I've been busting 96+ for the past few months. We've been down a medic and everyone has been pulling extra shifts to cover for her while she is out. My 24 on, 48 off schedule has inverted to 48 on, 24 off.

• Members

I don't work. every week a person bring me some money

I completely believe you.

I worked 12 hours this week.

A few of those repairing a cracked headstock and separated back and sides on an old Yamaha 12 string.

It's for a friend though so i'm not making much on it.

Work... Jobs.. Working... I'm at work....

• Members

does anyone get paid lunches anymore? i'm genuinely curious.

i used to, when i was a lowly paid grocery store clerk back in the early 90s, but since I got out of college, the whole "paid lunches" thing seems to have gone the way of the dodo.

The last job I got fired from paid for our lunch. It was really weird.

It was a pharmaceutical grade rubber factory that's been doing things the same since like.. the 50's or something ridiculous.

• Members

What does it matter?

I was just wondering, its not a big deal. have 40 hours on paper, but I have lunch breaks which make it 37.5 hours, but I come in a little early and leaving a little late I can get about 39 hours. I got 40 when I got paid lunches. Or if for some reason I couldn't take a lunch. When I saw 40, it was the first thing that popped into my head, so I went ahead and typed it out. I don't really care, you see. I'm waiting for my chicken to be ready, then I'm going to eat dinner. Until then I'm just farting in threads.

• Members

I know, that $2.67 coming out of you check for the millions on welfare is a bitch
:rolleyes:

how about the $100+ that goes to the military by comparison?

Are you seriously going to say $100 comes out of your paychecks for the military? That astonishing, you should contact your employer and get that sorted out.

• Members

I average about 45 'working hours' but once you add in 'finishing the remodel, paperwork, dealing with emergency patients, paying bills, consulting on the net' I probably run an average of 60 or more.

bitd, In my software engineering days, I (and most of the company) averaged 65-70 for almost 3 years while getting one, specific, major re-write ready.
Many divorces resulted during that stretch.

• Members

The last job I got fired from paid for our lunch. It was really weird.

It was a pharmaceutical grade rubber factory that's been doing things the same since like.. the 50's or something ridiculous.

Yeah, I've always wanted to figure out when the paid lunch ceased to be the norm. I think it was some time in the 1990s. I mean, I had a paid lunch at a crappy entry level job in the early 90s. And back in the 80s you had the "9 to 5" song and movie, where the 8 hour workday (7 hours plus 1 hour paid lunch) was the norm. I just find it odd if the paid lunch just disappeared while I was in college in the late 90s, because no one ever really said anything about it.

Archived