building a pedalboard for my girl

echodeluxe

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm let me think...

Get her a green energy crystal necklace, black diamond eye patches, giant yellow fake nipples to put on her collar bones, a sachet of ketchup to spray onto her cheeks and a weird purple sausage to paste onto her lips.

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.

• Members

I'm assuming you don't wanna spend klon money, right?

If so: Nothing says 'I love you' like a fuzz factory. A modern classic, insane and arty and nasty. You gotto go with a handpainted one though, if she's half as nerdy and cool as you say she is, a vexter one would be like giving a 'normal' chick a really really nice fake diamond ring.

Those are kinda pricey though. But though you would think a self made gift is more romantic and personal or whatever...: Abandon that idea, we're talking about an anniversary fuzz pedal here for f*ck sake, you gotto woo that girl with a everything you got:cop:

No fancy graphics, no deal. Secret season snowdrift, one of those smallsound/bigsound fuzz peds, etc...

A real classic is also still an option I guess. No one can resist a good ol' BigMuffPi. A helluva lot more affordable than any booteekish pedlol too.

• Members

That's a cool idea, and an even cooler sounding lady friend you got there, echoD! I also recommend the Fuzz Face build. The fy-2 is so raspy its borderline un-musical; which is cool and has its uses, but surfy garage rock doesnt seem to be one of them (to me anyway). FF is very versatile though.

• Members

So I picked this bad boy up from starving musician today for thump change:

1350422811259.jpg

It actually sounds pretty cool. I hate chorus but it does a really juicy vibrato. It's pretty 80's, so she should love it.

I think I'm gonna grab her a fuzz face too. Great versatile fuzz. She'll love the look of it too.

She knows I'm a broke joke, she really just wants to spend the day together and enjoy each other. She's well aware her income is much larger than mine. Lolzimapoorchump

Archived