Cancer Fundraiser

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

Forget annually. How about perpetually?

Every time x number of dollars gets donated, a prize is drawn. THE NEVERENDING FUNDRAISER

Would the prize be random or wold people know before time? I ask because personally if it were a chorus pedal I wouldn't be very inclined to donate if I were to end up with it. With this style there are a lot of pedals and best case I get what I wanted and worse case I just donated some money to a good cause.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Coach threw down a big ol' Benjamin--which is not only mega generous...but it also puts us over the $2K mark!!

this means: Juri will be donating his Diamond Memory Lane Jr. to the prize pot!! huge thanks Juri!

also--i just got a PM from an anonymous donor. He's upping the ante....if we can get to $3K, he's going to donate his Klon KTR! another huge thanks to Anonymous donor.

this doesn't leave us much time--we have basically 2.5 days to raise another $1K in donations. I know we can do it. $10 here, $20 there, benjamin here, etc.

• Members

Would the prize be random or wold people know before time? I ask because personally if it were a chorus pedal I wouldn't be very inclined to donate if I were to end up with it. With this style there are a lot of pedals and best case I get what I wanted and worse case I just donated some money to a good cause.

Well, I was thinking in this case, your ticket never runs out, so even if you don't win, say the first $1,000 drawing, you're still elidgable for the drawing when it hits $2,000. But that might be a bad idea, since your chances of winning decrease every time.

EDIT: Also, if you got a prize you didn't like, you could always flip it and put that money back in the pool.

Yeah, she wasn't my kid but i was close to her and watched her grow up. hardest thing i've ever experienced

there are so many facets that cancer research and support money goes to, its incredible and worth it to give

you guys have renewed my faith in humanity

My condolences to you and your friend. :(

Losing a child at any age is hard. Unfortunately, I know from first-hand experience. One of my daughters passed away just shy of 9. I was also just thinking of my grandparents the other day... My grandfather died of esophageal cancer at age 67 in 1990 when I was in my late 20s. We all knew he was terminal, but I was the first in the family to hear about his actual passing, and had to break the news to my mom. One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed in my entire life was watching my great grandfather, who was 92 at the time, hobbling up beside me at his son's casket at the funeral and saying goodbye. Damn near broke my heart.

If there's anything we can do to stop the suffering of children - of any age - I'm all for it. Thanks guys for your generous donations to help in the fight against childhood cancer, and thank you Hiwatt Bob for taking a sad song, as it were, and making it better. You guys rock!

• Members

My condolences to you and your friend.
:(

Losing a child at any age is hard. Unfortunately, I know from first-hand experience.
One of my daughters passed away just shy of 9
. I was also just thinking of my grandparents the other day... My grandfather died of esophageal cancer at age 67 in 1990 when I was in my late 20s. We all knew he was terminal, but I was the first in the family to hear about his actual passing, and had to break the news to my mom. One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed in my entire life was watching my great grandfather, who was 92 at the time, hobbling up beside me at his son's casket at the funeral and saying goodbye. Damn near broke my heart.

If there's anything we can do to stop the suffering of children - of any age - I'm all for it. Thanks guys for your generous donations to help in the fight against childhood cancer, and thank you Hiwatt Bob for taking a sad song, as it were, and making it better. You guys rock!

Can't even imagine that Phil. I really can't--I've seen from the outside what losing a child can do to a parent and it doesn't seem to go away. You're a stong dude to have gone through that and still be sane.

Much love and respect to you and your family.

• Members

OK Guys--

the Man in Charge (aka Phil) has donated $100 to the fundraiser. but he already has enough pedals--so he's generously donating back his tickets to the raffle. that means he'll be matching his tickets with any new donations starting NOW until they're all used up. that means when you donate, you'll be getting 2 tickets for the price of 1!!

thank you Phil!!

update: we're at $2791. if we can get to $3K, an anonymous donor will be offering up his Klon KTR to the prize pool. there's only about 36 hrs left--so c'mon people, let's get movin'!!

• Members

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the Klons.

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around,

One who can't move.

Where are the Klons?

Send in the Klons.

Just when I'd stopped

Opening doors,

Finally knowing

The one that I wanted was yours,

Making my entrance again

With my usual flair,

Sure of my lines,

No one is there.

Don't you love farce?

My fault, I fear.

I thought that you'd want what I want -

Sorry, my dear.

But where are the Klons?

There ought to be Klons.

Quick, send in the Klons.

What a surprise.

Who could foresee

I'd come to feel about you

What you'd felt about me?

Why only now when i see

That you'd drifted away?

What a surprise.

What a clich

• Members

I'm going to update the main page too--but here's my plan for how this is going to go down.

After the raffle deadline closes tomorrow at noon central time--I'm going to post a summarized list of the donors including total $'s donated and raffle tix issued (including 2for1 bonus tix). Please review that list when it's posted to make sure I haven't missed anything. My plan is to do the raffle at some point on Sunday--so that should give people at least a day to review the list.

I will be using that list to generate the new spreadsheet with the actual raffle entry rows (tickets). And I took the Gorilla guy's advice about just using Excel's internal random number generator, seems to work--and it's all contained on that sheet so it will be easy to film the results. For transparency and accountability--I can email the Excel file containing both spreadsheets to anyone who'd like to see it (in case anybody dare's to doubt my infallible credibility).

Just trying to do everything i can to avoid any bHz...there will always be bHz, just trying to minimize it as much as possible.

And in the interest of soothing bHz, i need to clarify in advance: any anonymous donations were not issued tix. and some donations came in at odd amounts like $22.22, $30.96, $98, $119, etc. In those cases i pretty much rounded up/down (generally only rounded up if it was within $2). I'm sure someone's going to bitch that $119 shouldn't get $120 worth of tix--but as the self-appointed grand poobah of this raffle, i'm making the exec decision, because it's easier for me to work with. Please do not make a new donations testing this--please make round number donations in $10 multiples.

• Members

dude its about to be noon on dec first. yo going to braodcast this {censored} live?

No, i've never used that and don't want to {censored} this up.

As for the process going forward--check the 1st post in this thread

Basically, shortly i'll finalize a summary list of all the donors and their total $amount and total tickets issued (noting the 2for1 bonus tix). Hopefully it's easy to post a spreadsheet type matrix here. Anyhow, i want to give people time to review their total--because i want ZERO controversy and bHz, in case i did the math wrong or missed entering something.

Then i need time to put together the actual spreadsheet with all the individual row items (basically each "ticket"). But i also want to give people ample time to review the totals and avoid bHz. So the actual raffle is probably not going to happen until tomorrow. Everything will be filmed (one take) and uploaded to youtube. when the vid is ready--i'll post it and announce the winners.

• Members

****It's Noon cental time on Dec. 1st -- RAFFLE CLOSED****

Huge thanks to EVERYONE that has donated both $$$ and prizes to this raffle. We have raised $3,130 to fund children's cancer research. This is money well spent--and I'm personally very proud of all the forumites involved with this.

Also, continued moaj sent to Phil and everyone else whose life and family members have been affected by cancer.

Archived