OK ......What would have SRV done with all our Modern Gadgets and booteek stuff?

alien

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was never really impacted by all of the musicians (hendrix etc) that died in the 70's because I was to young to realize it. I cannot lie when I say it affected me and I won't forget when I found SRV died. I saw him in 87 and it was a very memorable show.

I think if he were alive he would be rocking a similar rig, putting out albums (that I probably would not buy) and doing blues festivals every summer.

"The modified tweed SLO was delivered to Stevie during the final months of his last tour, but he died before he really had a chance to incorporate it into his rig. Because the amp had not been paid for prior to Stevie

• Members

am i missing something or is there really no blues love here?

Blues has no indie cred. Most blues players don't play offsets. They don't use octave or reverb pedals (well, Robben Ford uses two reverb pedals).

Therefore, HCFX doesn't like blues. If they do, it's in a ironic way, and they laugh about it as they brush their long bangs out of their eyes whilst sipping a PBR tall boy and wearing a skull hoodie.

• Members

am i missing something or is there really no blues love here?

Blues has no indie cred. Most blues players don't play offsets. They don't use octave or reverb pedals (well, Robben Ford uses two reverb pedals).

Therefore, HCFX doesn't like blues. If they do, it's in a ironic way, and they laugh about it as they brush their long bangs out of their eyes whilst sipping a PBR tall boy and wearing a skull hoodie.

• Members

I would assume he would dress like an idiot and play the same recycled cliche blooze riffs he played back in the 90s. I doubt he would have done anything out of the ordinary.

The guy had a Dumble and some custom made and old stuff, so he was pretty booteek even for today's times.

• Members

Yes it is indeed a sad day in hand, and the industry needs an overhaul when somebody like an EchoDeluxe is more musically relevant than SRV who btw was
tehnically a much better player than Hendrix
:cry:

Hendrix was not know for his technical prowess, and I like it that way.

• Members

Hendrix was not know for his technical prowess, and I like it that way.

Yeah, I always like it when people dog Hendrix's playing because it identifies the people who don't actually understand music.

Otherwise, I see the SRV bashing is well in hand. Carry on.

Archived