OK ......What would have SRV done with all our Modern Gadgets and booteek stuff?

alien

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm this is a thread and a forum ABOUT FX NOT AMPS !!!
:mad:

Well, we've always been cool with people talking about anything music or gear related - I'm not into pedals at the exclusion of all other gear. ;)

As far as effects, SRV had a TS9 - what more did he really need for what he wanted to do? ;)

No offense to SRV - I actually think he was a good player.

Umm this is a thread and a forum ABOUT FX NOT AMPS !!!
:mad:

Well, we've always been cool with people talking about anything music or gear related - I'm not into pedals at the exclusion of all other gear. ;)

As far as effects, SRV had a TS9 - what more did he really need for what he wanted to do? ;)

No offense to SRV - I actually think he was a good player.

• Members

am i missing something or is there really no blues love here?

I love the crap out of old country/delta blues, but don't like a lot of the stuff that came after it. Some stuff here and there is good, but by and large I really do think that most of it lacks the emotion and rawness present in the older stuff. Honestly, a lot of it is just formulaic and boring to me. Weirdly enough, a music class I'm in is going over blues right now; I've actually had a running debate with the professor over stuff like performance-oriented styles vs. authenticity and emotional content.

As far as SRV goes, I think he was okay. I can listen to some of his stuff and enjoy it, but too much gets on my nerves. He was a great player, but thoroughly unoriginal, and is responsible for a lot of {censored}ty copycats that came in his wake. He was using stuff that was fairly boutique for the time, though, like Dumble amps and fancy Fuzz Face clones, so chances are he'd be playing the same music he always did.

Also, I'd feel weird after all of that without posting this clip:

[video=youtube;ZaM6lTmhnak]

• Members

well the girl in the red hat is like kinda hot and stuff. :idk:

i'd have to say im really disappointed in the level of discourse we have had about SRVs musical aspirations ? had he survived. you know... but

duh yeah i know a dumble is booteek ok? duh yall didnt even know srv played dumble till i told ya anyways sheeesh.

yall didnt even know srv played dumble till i told ya anyways sheeesh.

Pls

I read Guitar Player too. Been doing it for years - since the 70s actually. SRV was covered / interviewed a few times, and mentioned the Dumble - that must have been about 25 years ago...

He had other amps too though; he wasn't known strictly for playing Dumbles. He used Fenders and Marshalls too, among others.

• Members

Pls

I read Guitar Player too. Been doing it for years - since the 70s actually. SRV was covered / interviewed a few times, and mentioned the Dumble - that must have been about 25 years ago...

He had other amps too though; he wasn't known strictly for playing Dumbles. He used Fenders and Marshalls too, among others.

I've read an article in a guitar magasine that he had a Soldano amp in development before he died.

http://soldano.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&num=1171384745

• Members

well the girl in the red hat is like kinda hot and stuff.
:idk:

i'd have to say im really disappointed in the level of discourse we have had about SRVs musical aspirations ? had he survived. you know... but

duh yeah i know a dumble is booteek ok? duh yall didnt even know srv played dumble till i told ya anyways sheeesh.

great post

• Members

This thread should be renamed The Hipster Olympics.

Or The Hipster Special Olympics.

First competition: who can demonstrate the magnificence of their hipster cred via:

• and then still say he's boring and cliche, you will gold!!

Just kidding - it means you have {censored}ty ears.

Archived