Who here actually cares about their straps?

Gremson

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by majafa

View Post

I have a separate strap for all my guitars. Most of them are the standard cheap ernie ball type straps.

When I got my tele it came with a strap...the thin leather with wider shoulder pad old school style. I tried it and really liked it, but quickly it started cracking near the end, so I looked for a strap in that same style. Ended up finding a brand called Cornhusker Guitar Straps, and got one. Thick leather, nicely padded. Don't even need straplocks because the strap fits on the guitar so tight.

I don't have a photo because my guitar isn't here right now, but this is from their website:

and_brown_2.jpg

nice. i should get one for my tele.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

I have a separate strap for all my guitars. Most of them are the standard cheap ernie ball type straps.

When I got my tele it came with a strap...the thin leather with wider shoulder pad old school style. I tried it and really liked it, but quickly it started cracking near the end, so I looked for a strap in that same style. Ended up finding a brand called Cornhusker Guitar Straps, and got one. Thick leather, nicely padded. Don't even need straplocks because the strap fits on the guitar so tight.

I don't have a photo because my guitar isn't here right now, but this is from their website:

and_brown_2.jpg

nice. i should get one for my tele.

I've got a couple of Souldier straps that are similar to the old Ace straps, but with much better assembly quality and except for the original old-stock jacquard weave fabric, better materials quality too.

The one on the right is a vintage Ace, the one on the left is a Souldier. Both are exactly 2" wide - the apparent size difference is an illusion.

Souldier+and+Ace+1.jpg

This is my other Souldier:

Souldier+1.jpg

For ages, I've mainly used 2" nylon straps, Fender straps that came with various Fender guitars, old Ace straps, and now Souldiers. I've got a few other straps here and there, but those are my mainstays.

I've got a couple of Souldier straps that are similar to the old Ace straps, but with much better assembly quality and except for the original old-stock jacquard weave fabric, better materials quality too.

The one on the right is a vintage Ace, the one on the left is a Souldier. Both are exactly 2" wide - the apparent size difference is an illusion.

Souldier+and+Ace+1.jpg

This is my other Souldier:

Souldier+1.jpg

For ages, I've mainly used 2" nylon straps, Fender straps that came with various Fender guitars, old Ace straps, and now Souldiers. I've got a few other straps here and there, but those are my mainstays.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gremson

View Post

Does anybody here put a lot of thought into what strap goes with their guitar? What do you like? Why do you like it? Where'd you get it? Give me a reason to get a cool strap.

I use DiMarzio clip-locks, which I wouldn't describe as exciting (especially since I use the black ones). I really like them and have had no issues with them. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gremson

View Post

Does anybody here put a lot of thought into what strap goes with their guitar? What do you like? Why do you like it? Where'd you get it? Give me a reason to get a cool strap.

I use DiMarzio clip-locks, which I wouldn't describe as exciting (especially since I use the black ones). I really like them and have had no issues with them. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

and_brown_2.jpg

That looks really nice. I'm a big fan of that style strap.

• Members

View Post

and_brown_2.jpg

That looks really nice. I'm a big fan of that style strap.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

I like to have a strap that is specific to each guitar I have. I care a lot about how it looks and how it feels. I try to make it work with both my style and the vibe/style that I think the guitar gives off. I think a strap is an important purchase.

exactly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

I like to have a strap that is specific to each guitar I have. I care a lot about how it looks and how it feels. I try to make it work with both my style and the vibe/style that I think the guitar gives off. I think a strap is an important purchase.

exactly.

Archived