Who here actually cares about their straps?

Gremson

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I barely do. I like DiMarzio cliplocks because they have a locking system that is simple, unobtrusive and built-in (no additional paraphernalia needed), and the straps are cheap, available and comfortable. I have to hitch the strap up to get it high enough, but that's a minor issue.

• Members

I barely do. I like DiMarzio cliplocks because they have a locking system that is simple, unobtrusive and built-in (no additional paraphernalia needed), and the straps are cheap, available and comfortable. I have to hitch the strap up to get it high enough, but that's a minor issue.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gremson View Post
I've got a new bass on the way, and I realized that I've never had a nice strap... Maybe I should get one for it! I took a look at Couch and Soldier straps, looked at a few Levy's too, but I can't really give a {censored} about them.
Does anybody here put a lot of thought into what strap goes with their guitar? What do you like? Why do you like it? Where'd you get it? Give me a reason to get a cool strap.

And of course... Show your strap.
I mean, while not as big a deal, choosing the right one for you is just like choosing a guitar. Ask yourself what you want from a strap.

Is it comfy? Does it stay on your guitar? If it doesn't, can you put straplocks on it? Does it cut into your neck? Do you want it to get traction and kinda grip onto your shirt or do you want it to slide freely? Do you think it looks cool? Does it stay at the length you adjust it to? Does it seem reasonably durable? Is the price fair?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gremson View Post
I've got a new bass on the way, and I realized that I've never had a nice strap... Maybe I should get one for it! I took a look at Couch and Soldier straps, looked at a few Levy's too, but I can't really give a {censored} about them.
Does anybody here put a lot of thought into what strap goes with their guitar? What do you like? Why do you like it? Where'd you get it? Give me a reason to get a cool strap.

And of course... Show your strap.
I mean, while not as big a deal, choosing the right one for you is just like choosing a guitar. Ask yourself what you want from a strap.

Is it comfy? Does it stay on your guitar? If it doesn't, can you put straplocks on it? Does it cut into your neck? Do you want it to get traction and kinda grip onto your shirt or do you want it to slide freely? Do you think it looks cool? Does it stay at the length you adjust it to? Does it seem reasonably durable? Is the price fair?

• Members

I used to not care, but after finding a leather strap in a dumpster I realized that straps are an important comfort factor for me. My girlfriend just had a strap made for me for a Christmas gift, I'll upload a picture of it when I get a chance.

• Members

I used to not care, but after finding a leather strap in a dumpster I realized that straps are an important comfort factor for me. My girlfriend just had a strap made for me for a Christmas gift, I'll upload a picture of it when I get a chance.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by eti View Post
I like non-slippery straps. That leaves out all the trendy ones.
There is a company called Reunion Blues that make a strap from merino wool and that thing is super comfy, looks sweet, and grips the {censored} out of your shirt. I used it for awhile, but decided I wanted a slippery one.

Here:
RB.Straps.New.2012__79986.1334877837.128

Archived