Who here actually cares about their straps?

Gremson

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by seibertdr

View Post

I pickup whatever is on sale at Guitar Center. I bought a nylon rainbow strap a long time ago and it is on my main guitar. My pastor asked me to change my strap. I didn't get it at first.

I don't get it. EXPLAIN PLS!

EDIT: oh "rainbow"

facepalm.gif

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

fender makes these

fender_vintage_strap.jpg

and we have em at my store and i can get it for like $9 so i think im gonna snag one for my tele.

I have one that I use with my Rogue VB-100 violin bass. It looks great, but I really don't like it very much. They get twisted around relatively easy, and you have to futz with them a lot. Throwing it on and getting it positioned is a bit more involved than it is with a regular strip-style 2" strap. IMO, the design would be more stable if the long strap itself was just a tad wider...

View Post

fender makes these

fender_vintage_strap.jpg

and we have em at my store and i can get it for like $9 so i think im gonna snag one for my tele.

I have one that I use with my Rogue VB-100 violin bass. It looks great, but I really don't like it very much. They get twisted around relatively easy, and you have to futz with them a lot. Throwing it on and getting it positioned is a bit more involved than it is with a regular strip-style 2" strap. IMO, the design would be more stable if the long strap itself was just a tad wider...

• Members

View Post

I pickup whatever is on sale at Guitar Center. I bought a nylon rainbow strap a long time ago and it is on my main guitar. My pastor asked me to change my strap. I didn't get it at first.

Then your pastor explained that some parishioners didn't want to be reminded of Zachman.

• Members

View Post

Then your pastor explained that some parishioners didn't want to be reminded of Zachman.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

well poop. ill try it out and see if its sucks.

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

fender makes these

fender_vintage_strap.jpg

Yeah I got one of these. Being here though it cost a pretty penny but from memory I got my girlfriend to get it for as present.

• Members

View Post

fender makes these

fender_vintage_strap.jpg

Yeah I got one of these. Being here though it cost a pretty penny but from memory I got my girlfriend to get it for as present.

View Post

Please do - and let me know what you think. Like I said - I think they look cool, but it's not terribly comfortable or quick and easy to use IMO. If that bass was a heavier instrument (it's relatively light), it would probably be even worse.

View Post

Please do - and let me know what you think. Like I said - I think they look cool, but it's not terribly comfortable or quick and easy to use IMO. If that bass was a heavier instrument (it's relatively light), it would probably be even worse.

• Members

View Post

fender makes these

fender_vintage_strap.jpg

View Post

That's the strap that came with my Tele. I liked it and I didn't have the problems of it twisting around that Phil mentioned. I did have to adjust the pad at the shoulder when I put it on each time, but I had good luck with it staying in place once I started playing. The leather at the end did begin to crack eventually...I think from putting it on/taking it off my guitar each time I played it. I liked that strap style enough to buy the Cornhusker strap that I use now. My new strap also has thicker leather and more padding so it's a bit more comfy. No doubt give it a try and see how you like it.

• Members

View Post

fender makes these

fender_vintage_strap.jpg

View Post

That's the strap that came with my Tele. I liked it and I didn't have the problems of it twisting around that Phil mentioned. I did have to adjust the pad at the shoulder when I put it on each time, but I had good luck with it staying in place once I started playing. The leather at the end did begin to crack eventually...I think from putting it on/taking it off my guitar each time I played it. I liked that strap style enough to buy the Cornhusker strap that I use now. My new strap also has thicker leather and more padding so it's a bit more comfy. No doubt give it a try and see how you like it.

Archived