Who here actually cares about their straps?

Gremson

• Members

1. I care that it's comfortable.

2. I care that it's practical, trust worthy/good quality/not gonna slip out of place on me.

3. I care that it looks good, whether it be plain black or something that compliments my outfit/guitar.

beyond that, you are over doing it...

If you care less than that then good luck to you...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. I care that it's comfortable.

2. I care that it's practical, trust worthy/good quality/not gonna slip out of place on me.

3. I care that it looks good, whether it be plain black or something that compliments my outfit/guitar.

beyond that, you are over doing it...

If you care less than that then good luck to you...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by seibertdr

View Post

I pickup whatever is on sale at Guitar Center. I bought a nylon rainbow strap a long time ago and it is on my main guitar. My pastor asked me to change my strap. I didn't get it at first.

Your pastor sounds like a dick.

• Members

View Post

I pickup whatever is on sale at Guitar Center. I bought a nylon rainbow strap a long time ago and it is on my main guitar. My pastor asked me to change my strap. I didn't get it at first.

Your pastor sounds like a dick.

• Members

I've got two Levy's straps: a padded leather one, and a woven sunface one. Padded leather one goes on my heavy as hell lawsuit LP. Woven one goes on my matsumoku neck-thru. Then for my lighter guitars I've got a couple woven nylon straps, a strap I made out of a leather belt from a garage sale, & a strap I made out of a sheet of canvas (folded it up into a strap shape, made some holes, and voila.)

• Members

I've got two Levy's straps: a padded leather one, and a woven sunface one. Padded leather one goes on my heavy as hell lawsuit LP. Woven one goes on my matsumoku neck-thru. Then for my lighter guitars I've got a couple woven nylon straps, a strap I made out of a leather belt from a garage sale, & a strap I made out of a sheet of canvas (folded it up into a strap shape, made some holes, and voila.)

• Members

I've been using a cheap ass rough back leather strap on my SG for years to stablize neck dive, works great.

Have a Planet waves nylon on my tele which i hate, been on the hunt for a leather strap for it that i like but haven't found anything i like yet.

• Members

I've been using a cheap ass rough back leather strap on my SG for years to stablize neck dive, works great.

Have a Planet waves nylon on my tele which i hate, been on the hunt for a leather strap for it that i like but haven't found anything i like yet.

• Members

i went levy's for a while, but got sick of their logo (especially after seeing a gig fot with it reflecting in all its glory...). so have been selectively replacing with onori (poet?) distressed or soft glove leather. they have a decent selection and all the ones i've gotten are well made (they also have a bit of padding that comes in handy).

• Members

i went levy's for a while, but got sick of their logo (especially after seeing a gig fot with it reflecting in all its glory...). so have been selectively replacing with onori (poet?) distressed or soft glove leather. they have a decent selection and all the ones i've gotten are well made (they also have a bit of padding that comes in handy).

• Members

I like the strap to coordinate with the guitar. I never cared until I got my first Les Paul. That guitar just screamed for a leather strap. Being a broke college kid, it was all I could do to scrape together the $300 for the Epiphone, let alone another $75 for a strap. So I hit the 'Bay and found a listing for a strap that had fallen out of the box at a warehouse and just sat behind some boxes for a number of years. The ad said it was in rough shape. I think I got it for like 10 bucks. It was perfect for me- soft and broken in, but still strong. It's been on my Paul for ten years now.

That said, most of my guitars have plain black nylon straps. My P-Bass called for a leather strap for some reason, but everything else (save one) uses the same kind of strap.

When I got my Gibson, none of the straps in the store spoke to me. I bought a Levi's strap in brown to match the honeyburst, but I'm not 100% convinced. I may go the Couch route one of these days...

• Members

I like the strap to coordinate with the guitar. I never cared until I got my first Les Paul. That guitar just screamed for a leather strap. Being a broke college kid, it was all I could do to scrape together the $300 for the Epiphone, let alone another $75 for a strap. So I hit the 'Bay and found a listing for a strap that had fallen out of the box at a warehouse and just sat behind some boxes for a number of years. The ad said it was in rough shape. I think I got it for like 10 bucks. It was perfect for me- soft and broken in, but still strong. It's been on my Paul for ten years now.

That said, most of my guitars have plain black nylon straps. My P-Bass called for a leather strap for some reason, but everything else (save one) uses the same kind of strap.

When I got my Gibson, none of the straps in the store spoke to me. I bought a Levi's strap in brown to match the honeyburst, but I'm not 100% convinced. I may go the Couch route one of these days...

• Members

View Post

I don't get it. EXPLAIN PLS!

EDIT: oh "rainbow"

facepalm.gif

Archived