Press Release: New Fender Competition series effects

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote Originally Posted by 4nd3h View Post
phil i swear you posted about the feedbacker before

apparently it sucks. some dude on here (hcfx) played one at a store.
That's certainly possible, but if I did, I don't remember it. idn_smilie.gif And that seems kind of surprising, since the Softube collaboration is something I find interesting - I would have been more likely to remember it because of that if I had seen it previously.

I know for a fact I've never been hands-on with one, or heard it in person, so whomever thought it sucked, it wasn't me. I haven't heard it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to YouTube and Fender's site to see if I can find any demos. smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 4nd3h View Post
phil i swear you posted about the feedbacker before

apparently it sucks. some dude on here (hcfx) played one at a store.
That's certainly possible, but if I did, I don't remember it. idn_smilie.gif And that seems kind of surprising, since the Softube collaboration is something I find interesting - I would have been more likely to remember it because of that if I had seen it previously.

I know for a fact I've never been hands-on with one, or heard it in person, so whomever thought it sucked, it wasn't me. I haven't heard it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to YouTube and Fender's site to see if I can find any demos. smile.gif

• Members

I really hope for their sake (but highly doubt) that those switches are metal and not plastic like they look. I don't understand using the custom enclosure if they're just going to use the general hammond box size & shape, it just increases the production cost and if the footswitch IS plastic, makes it less durable and harder/impossible to repair.

• Members

I really hope for their sake (but highly doubt) that those switches are metal and not plastic like they look. I don't understand using the custom enclosure if they're just going to use the general hammond box size & shape, it just increases the production cost and if the footswitch IS plastic, makes it less durable and harder/impossible to repair.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by triviani

View Post

Awful looking Fender, they look like 90s chinese toy pedals. Not even beginners deserve this kind of awfulness!

Everything FMIC makes these days is a toy. Heck, even the CS guitars are pretty blah aside from the Masterbuilt. Don't get me started on Gretsch and Guild.

• Members

Funny how a company with that reputation on the guitar/amp market can't do better than that. Fender is responsible for the most classy sexy looking amps and guitars, and now their pedals make biyang and mooer look like high end boteek effectsfacepalm.gif

I know how shallow that sounds, but we're already overflowing in good guitar pedals, it's beyond me why they would overlook the aesthetic part of the job, even IF these pedals somehow sound better than the zillions of pedals that are already out thereidn_smilie.gif
Not to mension the durability...I mean, srs...Plastic???facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit View Post
WHOA HOLY {censored}

LOOK AT THIS:

ffaaedb5440c82321514517cff90b9eb.png
creamy excelsior thumb.gif

but yea, the pedal line just looks cheesy and cheap. at least they got the stereo outs on the delay and chorus, but no stereo IN on the delay confused.gif won't judge until i hear demos but certainly looks a bit underwhelming, remind me of the Rogue pedals

Archived