FMIC destroys another classic brand - no more Hamer

BG76

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n

View Post

I suppose I should recognize some of these people. I'm guessing one of them is Eddie Van Halen. But all I see is pointy guitars and bad hair.

No EVH but Steve Vai is on there from when he was with Alcatrazz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Monaco III that is pretty much unlike any Gibson (or Fender for that matter), and it is a great instrument. It has a bigsby and 3 P-90's and has a ton of personality.

From the responses, it seems like people think they only did the pointy things...

• Members

I have a Monaco III that is pretty much unlike any Gibson (or Fender for that matter), and it is a great instrument. It has a bigsby and 3 P-90's and has a ton of personality.

From the responses, it seems like people think they only did the pointy things...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fractal

View Post

Not pointy things. Gibson things!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fractal

View Post

Not pointy things. Gibson things!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

Just about every old Gretsch I ever saw had problems. Rotting binding mostly, but a lot of bad neck joints, crappy pots, and other niggles the Gibsons of the same age don't usually display. In the Baldwin era they got worse. If they wern't a little quirky then the wouldn't be a Gretsch, lol.

all true. my gretsch is one of the last from the original factory.

binding rot allllllll the {censored}ing way. sounds awesome though

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

Just about every old Gretsch I ever saw had problems. Rotting binding mostly, but a lot of bad neck joints, crappy pots, and other niggles the Gibsons of the same age don't usually display. In the Baldwin era they got worse. If they wern't a little quirky then the wouldn't be a Gretsch, lol.

all true. my gretsch is one of the last from the original factory.

binding rot allllllll the {censored}ing way. sounds awesome though

Archived