Alt. Country

TravvyBear

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly

View Post

I'll send Trinity an email and see what they say, is the 5E9A circuit much different from a 5E3? Any speaker suggestions? I was planning on going with Whitebox for the cab and just making a headshell for the amp, so WGS and Eminence are the options. The Eminence Cannabis Rex and WGS G12CS are the ones I'm mainly considering right now.

Someone over at the tele forum built one on a Bandmaster chassis. Basically it's an extra tube and a speed and depth control. Maybe two extra inches of tag board?

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/shock-bro...7-5e9-kit.html

Eminence makes some very efficient speakers that will get you a lot more output volume and with that more headroom. Also you set the amp to where you want the breakup at max and dial it clean at the guitar with the guitar's volume and playing with a lighter touch. Makes for a very versatile amp. Another speaker to consider is the G12H30. Very nice in these imo.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkelMonkey

View Post

Someone over at the tele forum built one on a Bandmaster chassis. Basically it's an extra tube and a speed and depth control. Maybe two extra inches of tag board?

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/shock-bro...7-5e9-kit.html

Eminence makes some very efficient speakers that will get you a lot more output volume and with that more headroom. Also you set the amp to where you want the breakup at max and dial it clean at the guitar with the guitar's volume and playing with a lighter touch. Makes for a very versatile amp. Another speaker to consider is the G12H30. Very nice in these imo.

Thanks for the heads up! I believe The Wizard is Eminence's take on the G12H30, so that may be an option. I'm also interested in the new EJ1250, seems like it could be a good alnico speaker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This thread and the posts therein helped me rediscover Gram Parsons, Sweetheart of the Rodeo-era Byrds, and Flying Burrito Brothers. Such great music was put out in such a short period of time. Thanks doods.

In addition to being a musical genius, Gram Parsons was just a {censored}ing cool dude. Why Corona has never used this picture to sell beer is beyond me.

tumblr_lbfngkKqPg1qe45gqo1_500.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mdrake34

View Post

This thread and the posts therein helped me rediscover Gram Parsons, Sweetheart of the Rodeo-era Byrds, and Flying Burrito Brothers. Such great music was put out in such a short period of time. Thanks doods.

My car is broken down so I'm currently driving my mum's car when I need one. Apart from the radio the car only has a tape deck, and the only tape I own (I haven't had a tape player for donkey's years) is The Flying Burrito Brothers' The Gilded Palace of Sin on side A and Burrito Deluxe on side B.

That's just fine by me thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

While not really Alt.C, this guy is certainly informed by it musically. I just got this album Thursday and I've listened to to it at least a 1/2 dozen times since - some of the best Tele tones ever committed to tape IMO:

Killer tunes and tones.

• Members

View Post

While not really Alt.C, this guy is certainly informed by it musically. I just got this album Thursday and I've listened to to it at least a 1/2 dozen times since - some of the best Tele tones ever committed to tape IMO:

Chuck is one of my favourite artists of all time and I'd pretty much like anything he puts out at this stage, but this album is great even by his high standards!

• Members

Whiskeytown has quickly made it up into my top 5 bands list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6fe5QIDvJc

these are great Erk

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The P-Man

View Post

Chuck is one of my favourite artists of all time and I'd pretty much like anything he puts out at this stage, but this album is great even by his high standards!

I'm totally late to the party on Chuck - really only got into him recently when !Let Freedom Ring! came out, but the dude is KILLING me right now.

• Members

View Post

I have no idea what was used, but there is a tremolo part in this song that sounds exactly like an old Valcoder.

The tones on this record are really incredible.

more cool subtle fuzz tones...

James Deprato who plays in Chuck's live band did have a Valcoder on his board.

Sandy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by p90teleman

View Post

more cool subtle fuzz tones...

James Deprato who plays in Chuck's live band did have a Valcoder on his board.

Sandy

Cool!

Looks like Chuck is coming to town later this month too. No way I'm missing this show!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

Erksin, what kind of fuzz do you think that is on "who shot john" ?

I think that's James Deprato playing (he's the same guy that does a lot of the MXR demo's) and he has a Fulltone Ultimate Octave on his board which he uses for those single line embellishments.

View Post

I'm totally late to the party on Chuck - really only got into him recently when !Let Freedom Ring! came out, but the dude is KILLING me right now.

thumb.gif

Archived