TravvyBear

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

They are a little too Hootie for me.

You want to see a great live show? Go see The Sadies sometime.

Gotta agree. Never could get into truckers. First time I saw the Sadies it was them opening for a pathetic show Jenny and Johnny. Good thing too, cause I lost all sorts of respect for Jenny that show. Talk about a barf-fest, get a room lovebirds, I don't wanna see you sex eachother up with awkward smiles and google eyes on stage! The Sadies were brilliant, I wish they'd stitch together a great album of their own though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

Interesting POV because they are actually some of the nicest, most gracious actual musicians I've ever met online. Totally welcoming and helpful to newbs, lots of those guys tour the world playing their original music or record with some of the biggest names in the genre. Those same insufferable {censored}ers would welcome you without hesitation and you'd learn a ton from them, but yeah I'd stay away if I were you. lol

And FWIW - TGP closes threads that are over 1000 posts now. I think since about 2007-ish when it first started up and surviving several complete forum reboots where 10K+ post threads were lost, the Alt.C threads have a total of well over 50k posts now.

100000% agree, its the only online music forum I have frequented where pleasant knowledgable folk have gathered where there is zero one up manship, bravado or disrespect. So, I am one of the insufferable {censored}ers you speak of... Boohoo me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFFTA

View Post

100000% agree, its the only online music forum I have frequented where pleasant knowledgable folk have gathered where there is zero one up manship, bravado or disrespect. So, I am one of the insufferable {censored}ers you speak of... Boohoo me.

Ok, I'll give it a shot . . .

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...1#post14550892

• Members

I'm personally a huge Truckers fan. Isbell, Cooley, and Hood was an incredible lineup.

Other bands you all should check out

American Aquarium ( Burn.Flicker.Die is my album of the year)

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

Lucero

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Justin Townes Earle

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Robert Earl Keen

Sons of Bill

James McMurtry

• Members

played a couple shows with these guys recently. they cut the {censored} up. More on the blues side of roots/americana stuff but i think it's appropriate

not sure if i posted this before but i love this damn song.

okay someone school me on how to embed youtube vids. it's apparently changed.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mdrake34

View Post

Watching all the Kenny Vaughan videos I can find led me to this guy, who Kenny plays with in one of his many side gigs, Sam Lewis. Killer singer, sorta of an americana-Ray Lamontagne vibe.

Kenny ROCKS!! Love 'im!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by richey888

View Post

Kenny ROCKS!! Love 'im!

I discovered him at TDPRI and I'm obsessed with him. Bought his album, V, on Itunes, it's fantastic. I love the tone he gets with that strat neck pickup in his tele, here's some great use of it:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived