Alt. Country

TravvyBear

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lefort_1

View Post

huh....Harvest was closer, chronologically, to Hank Williams' time by a full decade than we are to the time of Harvest.

I/we are getting old.

Well to make you feel even older, my dad bought 'Harvest' on 8-track. I was only 6 when it came out. lol

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

Maybe it's because there are a lot of imitators of his stuff.

I dunno. They all pale compared to Neil Young anyways, so don't listen to me. lol

Why do we always have to " rank"?

I love Neil Young, but so many of these artists are so good...I want them all.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

This thread needs to not die.

Apparently the original Alt country thread over at TGP got too long or closed or something, so they've created several new ones. I read through the newest one last night, and apart from erksin, those people are so {censored}ing insufferable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mdrake34

View Post

This thread needs to not die.

Apparently the original Alt country thread over at TGP got too long or closed or something, so they've created several new ones. I read through the newest one last night, and apart from erksin, those people are so {censored}ing insufferable.

Interesting POV because they are actually some of the nicest, most gracious actual musicians I've ever met online. Totally welcoming and helpful to newbs, lots of those guys tour the world playing their original music or record with some of the biggest names in the genre. Those same insufferable {censored}ers would welcome you without hesitation and you'd learn a ton from them, but yeah I'd stay away if I were you. lol

And FWIW - TGP closes threads that are over 1000 posts now. I think since about 2007-ish when it first started up and surviving several complete forum reboots where 10K+ post threads were lost, the Alt.C threads have a total of well over 50k posts now.

• Members

View Post

Interesting POV because they are actually some of the nicest, most gracious actual musicians I've ever met online. Totally welcoming and helpful to newbs, lots of those guys tour the world playing their original music or record with some of the biggest names in the genre. Those same insufferable {censored}ers would welcome you without hesitation and you'd learn a ton from them, but yeah I'd stay away if I were you. lol

And FWIW - TGP closes threads that are over 1000 posts now. I think since about 2007-ish when it first started up and surviving several complete forum reboots where 10K+ post threads were lost, the Alt.C threads have a total of well over 50k posts now.

Well I've always joked that I would fit in much better there than here - I'm an attorney and I play white guy blooz licks on my strat and 335. Plus I play in a covers group that plays mustang sally. All I need is a klon now, haha.

I have a screen name there, but I don't think I've ever posted. I'll have to give it a try.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mdrake34

View Post

Well I've always joked that I would fit in much better there than here - I'm an attorney and I play white guy blooz licks on my strat and 335. Plus I play in a covers group that plays mustang sally. All I need is a klon now, haha.

I have a screen name there, but I don't think I've ever posted. I'll have to give it a try.

I recently rejoined (was kicked out in 2006 or so...)

I've tried to fit in but...well, I do have problems with innacurate statements.

"Sounds chewy" doesn't bother me, but "my EMG pickups will drive 10 BOSS pedals without toan loss" drives me crazy.

But hey, no trolling here....it's not a bad site.

:hopes to duck the banhammer:

Yo, Erks....who is you over there? WonderGussy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lefort_1

View Post

I recently rejoined (was kicked out in 2006 or so...)

I've tried to fit in but...well, I do have problems with innacurate statements.

"Sounds chewy" doesn't bother me, but "my EMG pickups will drive 10 BOSS pedals without toan loss" drives me crazy.

But hey, no trolling here....it's not a bad site.

:hopes to duck the banhammer:

Yo, Erks....who is you over there? WonderGussy.

Definitely agree it's a fine site, I just tend to prefer the juvenile, potty humor here facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

I love that Marty still gigs the Clarencecaster and that it's not sitting in some collector's vault somewhere.

Agreed, that thing is awesome.

Apparently Kenny uses flatwound 12's on his tele, to watch him play you'd think he has 9's on that thing. Killer princeton tone too.

Archived