The Delay Lounge

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Master Capello

Just what I was looking for.

Q: The DML family breaks down into three, right? DML, DML-10 (II) and DML-20 (III)?

What is the difference between the Ibanez DML-10 and DML-20?

I hear that, besides longer delay time, the DML-20 sounds crisper than the more lo-fi DML-10. Is that right?

I've have both the DML-10 and DML-20.

and did an A/B recently.

Besides the longer time on the dml-20 you also have a slightly different layout with the knobs.

They are both very similar.

The dml-10 being a bit easier knob layout.

The dml-20 having a bit more control over the modultion division

hence a bit more "bells and whistles" type knob seperation.

what I'm talking about is just how they have the delay time slots

seperated on the knob switch.

I dig the dml-10 but if you can't find one the Dml-20 is also a good choice.

hope that helps.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I've got the dd-20 and love the dual delay features of this for my edgel like settings but I also love the modulation. Can't use both so it looks like i'm searching for a DML now. When will the friggin gas end!!!:mad:
Luckily I just found someone that bought an overdrive pedal I don't need anymore. Good bye green ibanez pedal and someone help me find one of those shiney teal blue dml's...

• Members

ok so I got tired of searching and didn't want it to disappear...I just ebayed myself a dml10 II. Now should I run the modulation before or after the dd-20?

Yeah i paid 145 for it, but it seems like these things keep going up in price. no thanks to you bastards!!! :D

The sale of my ts9dx paid for more then half though so its cool.

• Members
Originally posted by StrykeBack

ok so I got tired of searching and didn't want it to disappear...I just ebayed myself a dml10 II. Now should I run the modulation before or after the dd-20?

Yeah i paid 145 for it, but it seems like these things keep going up in price. no thanks to you bastards!!!
:D

The sale of my ts9dx paid for more then half though so its cool.

Sweet!

Enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Can anyone do a review of the Roland SDE rack delays? I heard that Steve Vai and EVH used them. They were mentioned in some posts but with only a couple brief comments. Do they self oscillate? Can you get pitch shifting by adjusting the time? How is the stereo sound? How about some pics of the front and back? How do they compare to the Korg SDD rack delays? A detailed review of those would be nice too. TIA.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members
Originally posted by SUPER VELCROBOY

Okay there used to be a delay lounge, but somehow that died and now i can't find it. This lounge is not going to die. In fact, it's going to beat the fuzz lounge
:cool:

Bump for mockery. Haha -- deLOSERSersersersersers...

Figure this thread should be dusted off and allowed to see the light of day at least once a year.

• Members

I might be selling my UD-stomp, DD-20, and my ibanez DML delays.

school got expensive and now I got to pay some bills so i'm actually probably going to sell almost all my pedalboard. possibly the mesa rectoverb. though i'l keep my guitars to play through the podxt. Since I can't play through anything louder with this apartment living condition for now.

pm me if your interested:(

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hello,

I don't want to open a new thread about it so this thread seemed matching.

I own a Ibanez DDL (series 10, the green one with the hold function) and am about to get a simple second delay. I already convinced an analog-loving dude of this digital one but he suggested to buy either a vintage Maxon delay or another DDL and let it be modded.

What is your opinion about it? What could be modded on this kind of rare digital delay?

• Members

Originally posted by neoflox

Hello,

I don't want to open a new thread about it so this thread seemed matching.

I own a Ibanez DDL (series 10, the green one with the hold function) and am about to get a simple second delay. I already convinced an analog-loving dude of this digital one but he suggested to buy either a vintage Maxon delay or another DDL and let it be modded.

?

that ddl is a killer delay .. i sold it to a formite . but it was solid indeed . Look into the 10 series analog , like the cd10 and adl . I likes them all ..

My list of delays past and present

Ibanez cd10

Ibanez ddl

Ibanez de7 (x2)

Ibanez Ad9 vintage

Boss dd-6 (x2)

Boss dd-20 (x2)

Line 6 dl4

Line 6 echo park

Mxr analog delay

Pb & J

Pds 20/20

Boss ps3 (x2)

Digidelay

• 1 month later...

I'm not a connoisseur of delay pedals, but I've had a couple over the years, and so far this is my favorite. Subtle, transparent, simple, quiet.
I wouldn't want a delay pedal if it DIDN'T have a tap function. 2 taps and your there.

DLSEchoTAPBig.jpg

Archived