The Delay Lounge

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Vatican

i think the delayla XL is all analog.

as for me, i have a collection of maxon analog delay pedals. i have everything other than the new ad-999

i'm very happy with these pedals. occasionally i'll wish for the greater clarity of a digital delay, but overall i have an aversion to digital effects based on experience.

Try a tape delay. All analog, and clearer than the pedals.

• Members

I have an SAD-1 which I never really bonded with.
not clear enough, and the delay does not go long enough for me.

I also have a Digidelay which I like some of the settings. The sound quality is really good. I would prefer if the reverse setting cut the original forward signal. The first three settings need to be used in stereo through two amps to get the most out of them. The tape delay is my favorite.

• Members

I'm looking for a cool delay with warmth that wouldn't cost me much ( cool effects that can be usefull would be nice too). I will use it mostly to thicken my solos AND cool effects... any idea? I use a Tube amp with a Yamaha Sg2000 ( pretty nice guitar btw) so I don't wanna lose my tone..
thx

• Members

Ive been comparing the DL-4 and DD-20 lately, hoping to get one to use in space rock/ambient noise band. I know the DL4 has a volume swell feature, which is very important. Does the DD20 have a feature like this? If it doesnt I will have to go with the DL4 :D

• Members

I love delay stomp pedals, analog ones in particular, I have gone a bit delay gas crazy recently. Recently got a Digidelay, a second DM-2, Tokai TDL-1 and TDL-2 and Arion SAD-3.

I currently own:

Boss DM-2 (x2) (I love this pedal, one of my most used so that's why I got myself a second)

Pearl AD-08 (probably my favourite, very subtle and musical)

Boss DM-3 (Nice but I prefer the DM-2s and Pearl AD-08)

Boss DD3 (solid delay pedal but have not used much because of my penchant for analog delays. Hold function is good)

Boss RV-3 (used mainly as reverb pedal though)

Ibanez AD-9 (very similar in sound and warmth to the DM-2s)

Digitech Digidelay (Nice features, I like the loop function)

Arion SAD-3 (OK but repeats not as clear or warm as my other analogs)

Tokai TDL-1 and TDL-2 (I'm still waiting for these two analog babies to be delivered. Will post reviews for them when I get a proper play with them)

Delays I'm gassing for:

EHX DMM, Akai Headrush, Roland Space Echo and AD80

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by pallas

anyone owns an ECHOCZAR?

Hi,

Yep +1 for the Echoczar. It is sweet. Most musical solid state delay I've ever tried. (Note that I have not tried too many....)

Also used to own a Boss DD3... Sold it.
Lexicon MPXG2 for delay... don't use it anymore.

Since I got the echoczar all my delay needs are there in 1 pedal

Sweet.:D

Cheers

Stvy

• Members

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by the modulation? I can't really hear any modulation going on like the tape echo boxes.

The echoczar I have does not have the multihead mode. I also heard a rumour that Ed is adding modulation. Although he has not confirmed this to me.. Ed is great to deal with so drop him an email...

As for low fi. Well it has 2 modes. Vintage and modern. The vintage is the classic analog delay sound. It is very natural sounding and musical. As the delays repeat they get very lo-fi sounding but still mainting a natural sound. It's hard to describe it is musical.

I am intersted in the multihead mode and I will send it back to Ed for this upgrade when I can bare to part from it!

Cheers

Stvy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived