The Delay Lounge

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had a Morley Emerald Echo...that was analogue...cool delay pedal..had a volume drop, but I got it modded, so it was cool.

also had a DM2 and DM3...both were great...didn't hear much difference...

I got a Maxon Ad900 in the post...that should end my delay quest... :)

• Members

What kind of multiple delay setups do people use? I've just been using my DL4 as a delay, but I have a PS3 (using it right now just for pitch shifting) that I thought I could do cool multiple delay stuff with the DL4. What settings should I try on each?

edit 1: Just realized I have a EHX 16second that I could do some triple delay stuff with. Yay!

edit 2: Also realized I should search through this thread for multi delay suggestions ... will do that now ...

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

That is a
:cool:
pic. They all yours? You got a bigger pic?

:)

my friend took a pic with his camera i am waiting for him to send it to me. i can't afford a good camera because i spend too much money on delay:) they are all mine, however the rc-20, DMM, and one dl4 are gone.:( i had to pay for the re-301 somehow. :) incase you can't tell they are
DMM
2 dl4's
univox tape echo
rc-20
dd-20
pds 20/20
dml10
ps-3
circuit bent dan echo
rv-3
re-301

• Members

What kind of multiple delay setups do people use? I've just been using my DL4 as a delay, but I have a PS3 (using it right now just for pitch shifting) that I thought I could do cool multiple delay stuff with the DL4. What settings should I try on each?

edit 1
: Just realized I have a EHX 16second that I could do some triple delay stuff with. Yay!

edit 2
: Also realized I should search through this thread for multi delay suggestions ... will do that now ...

You could also set up your DL-4 for the multi-tap setting...

:eek: :eek:

• Members

Well I've just got a Carl Martin DeLayla - what's the general opinion on these? I'm using it in conjunction with a Boss DD5. Not had much chance to play with it yet, as been re-doing my board, but looking forward to getting all manner of interlapping delays going.....

• Members

would it be worthwhile to post clips of my delays in here? or does everyone pretty much know what they are. i dont have anyhting too unkown. maybe ill do a dd-20 dl4 comparison, space echo, dml10, ps-3, and dan echo clips. does this appeal to anyone?

• Members

Originally posted by VicShat

would it be worthwhile to post clips of my delays in here? or does everyone pretty much know what they are. i dont have anyhting too unkown. maybe ill do a dd-20 dl4 comparison, space echo, dml10, ps-3, and dan echo clips. does this appeal to anyone?

hell yeah!

• Members

i use
board8yh.jpg
tapes6un.jpg
dml10
rv-3
ps-3
dl4
univox (if its working):mad:
space echo
so thats 6 out of 12 effects are delays. so im getting better.:) although the tuner isnt really an effect...

• Members

i use

board8yh.jpg
tapes6un.jpg

dml10

rv-3

ps-3

dl4

univox (if its working)
:mad:
space echo

so thats 6 out of 12 effects are delays. so im getting better.
:)
although the tuner isnt really an effect...

read your PMs or sign onto aol or aim or whatever NOW!!!:D

• Members

did you ever do this?

• Members

Just what I was looking for.

Q: The DML family breaks down into three, right? DML, DML-10 (II) and DML-20 (III)?

What is the difference between the Ibanez DML-10 and DML-20?

I hear that, besides longer delay time, the DML-20 sounds crisper than the more lo-fi DML-10. Is that right?

• Members

Originally posted by Master Capello

Just what I was looking for.

Q: The DML family breaks down into three, right? DML, DML-10 (II) and DML-20 (III)?

What is the difference between the Ibanez DML-10 and DML-20?

I hear that, besides longer delay time, the DML-20 sounds crisper than the more lo-fi DML-10. Is that right?

i think thats a question for mr sage.

• Members

Sorry...taking a vacation from the Delay Lounge...

Yeah, the only real difference is delay time. Some people have said that the 10 sounds "warmer" than the 20, but that's probably like the difference between the Made in Japan DD-3 and the Made in Taiwan DD-3.

Basically, they're very similar and the main difference is delay time. All of these delays can be made a bit more lo-fi sounding simply by using the modulation.

• Members

The Doubler and Echo sections of the rack-mountable ADA TFX-4 sound very good. Features include delay, mix and regeneration (Doubler section) and delay, mix, and repeat (Echo section). The doubler section will self oscillate when the regeneration control is in the full clockwise position. This unit is all analog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Formaldehyde

I want a delay-pedal that is able to loop stuff aswell. the boss DD-6 manages this right? how much loop time does it have?

the EH 16s delay.. Digitech PDS 2020, Akai Headrush, maneco loopers, DL4 can do all that..

Archived