The Delay Lounge

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

any reviews for the TC Nova Delay? been wanting to get one

My review of the Nova Delay is that it's NOT a 2290 but is 70% there as far as sounds go, tap tempo works great and it's easy to use. It is a very clean sounding delay and doesn't impart a coloration from your normal tone, It's not true bypass but runs so clean that you probably won't notice anyway.

Sounds FANTASTIC

• Members

My review of the Nova Delay is that it's NOT a 2290 but is 70% there as far as sounds go, tap tempo works great and it's easy to use. It is a very clean sounding delay and doesn't impart a coloration from your normal tone, It's not true bypass but runs so clean that you probably won't notice anyway.

Sounds FANTASTIC

what he said

+1

• Members

Sounds FANTASTIC

thanks....

another question which is better DD-20 of the nova delay?

• Members

thanks....

another question which is better DD-20 of the nova delay?

Better??? TC is the one I'd get between all the other delay pedals for a few different reasons.

My favorite delay pedals are:

TC Nova Delay

Eventide Time Factor

Pigtronix Echolution

H&K Replex

• Members

Why the nova delay over the timefactor?

Time factor is also a VERY nice choice, but my preference was because I was referring strictly the delay aspect, and the TC is easier to use. The TF if modulations etc... are what you want (Definitely)

I am mostly a rack guy:

W/D/W multi-amp (4) setup

TC Electronic 2290

TC Electronic 1210

Eventide H8000FW

Lexicon PCM80

Rocktron 300G

Pedal Tray: MXR 117 Flanger, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR EVH90, MXR 10 Band EQ, Marshall BluesbreakerII, Electro Harmonix LPB-2

CAE Amp Switcher

CAE Dual Line Mixer

CAE Custom Switcher/Interface

• Members

I have a Nova Delay here, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to 'hide' in the background, but still be audible. I'm probably trying to get it to sound more analog tape than it's capable of sounding; either that, or I suck big time at dialing this thing in (which is a distinct possibility).

My Guyatone MD-3 is a great pedal for most things delay, but I really like the tap tempo of the Nova.

• Members

I remember when I used to think delay was useless, and how now I can't believe how stupid I used to be.

Currently have a DMM on my board, and am awaiting a SMMH.
I have used a DL4, AD-9, DM-2, Echo Park, DD-5/20, but only kept the DMM.

Looking into trying a Maxon AD-999/900, DM-3, and this new Nova delay.
Any opinions on what I should go for next, I will not part with my DMM, and am just wondering if having the DMM/SMMH combo, is it even worth trying out more delays?

• Members
I have a Nova Delay here, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to 'hide' in the background, but still be audible. I'm probably trying to get it to sound more analog tape than it's capable of sounding; either that, or I suck big time at dialing this thing in (which is a distinct possibility).

My Guyatone MD-3 is a great pedal for most things delay, but I really like the tap tempo of the Nova.

The ducking function is where you need to focus :thu:

• Members

as this is the delay lounge, i must mention how much i'm loving my DMM.

I must say the same about my DM-2.

Nova Delay seems cool, but is it hard to figure how it works? I prefer 3-knobs delay, and can't stand anything with "presets" and "user guides". I am very stupid. :poke:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Boss DD2 (got it the year they came out
:eek:
)

Dano PB&J

EH DMM arriving next week
:)

DMM arrived today- it's all that and a bag of chips :love: Echo Park incoming tomorrow- I'm afraid I may be turning into a bit of a delay whore :o Edit: my Verbzilla has an echo mode- can I count that as another delay? :idk::o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Analog Delay fanatics take note (if you haven't already):

Electro-Harmonix has stated that they have only enough vintage Panasonic BBD chips left to make the Deluxe Memory Man for two more years.

After that?

Hopefully EH will start making their own chips (as Maxon now does).

If not, expect to see the all-new cheap chinese chip DMM around the beginning of 2010.*

*Note: Price of the original DMM subject to skyrocket without notice right around that time, so stock up now.

• Members

Electro-Harmonix has stated that they have only enough vintage Panasonic BBD chips left to make the Deluxe Memory Man for two more years.

After that?

If not, expect to see the all-new cheap chinese chip DMM around the beginning of 2010.*

*Note: Price of the original DMM subject to skyrocket without notice right around that time, so stock up now.

:(:cry::cry:

• Members

After that?

Just bought my first one, but looks like I'll need another for backup :eek:

• Members

That sucks about the chips. I always get sorta misty when things like that happen. "End of an era" sorta thing, because when it's gone it's just gone, and who's to know if any replacement would be the same?

It would suck even more if I even wanted a delay. :p Ho yes, I am a sophist amongst philosophers of delay. Convince me I need a delay. Really, I want to know what all the fuss is about. (Difficulty: I don't like U2)

Archived