The Delay Lounge

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Imagenaaaa087.jpg

Korg KAD-301 Analog Delay

part of the PME-40x modular FX system

got like 1/3 second of delay time , like all the delays in that era (80') , this one is very warm , almost like a reverb , very big sounding repeats , no thin sound in this one , it self oscillate VERY easy , can be very loud in this deparment so be careful with your speakers

when you open up , it reveals all of those chips that made famous the Boss analog delays saga (panasonic chips , dont remember the names) and shows 4 trim pots , so you can change the time of the delays and the quit the possibilities of self oscillation (like i did , no space ships noise in this one)

also is stereo , one wet , shows all the sonics goodies that this one have..dont know what to say more that i'm very happy with this gem..

• Members

Originally posted by marfue179

Korg KAD-301 Analog Delay

part of the PME-40x modular FX system

I've always wondered about this one...Do you have to have the PME-40x to use it? I saw one of those KADs on eBay a while back for like $35, but the auction made it look like you had to use it with another unit.

Is it stand-alone, or part of a switchable multifx?

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

I've always wondered about this one...Do you have to have the PME-40x to use it? I saw one of those KADs on eBay a while back for like $35, but the auction made it look like you had to use it with another unit.

Is it stand-alone, or part of a switchable multifx?

yeah , you need the PME-40X base for use this modules , what i like the most of this PME stuff is the posibillities of have 4 separate modules with the early eighties sound (think Maxon Ibanes 9 series)besides , you dont need an external power source because it has the is own cable for that purpose , i love it and i just got another base , now i use two at the same time with the overdrive , the dit wah , distortion , eq , chorus , phaser and analog delay x2 different delay settings...:)

• Members

Originally posted by Cow4prez

i had the chance to play the maxon ad-80 today.

Here's a brief review.

1. very compact, 1590B MXR chassis size enclosure

2. The swicth is a SPDT, but i was told it is true bypass. I can't tell from the looking at it though.

3. the is 2 output, 1 wet and 1 dry

4. quiet

5. sounds real good, similar to my dm2

6. self-oscillates

it's a good pedal. T

+lots.

I picked one of these up last week. I really like it..Just has a great sound. Don't think it's true bypass. Funny about the self-oscillation...i can get it to go 'wheeeeeee' as i turn the delay time knob back but then nothing...no OOOOOOOOOOOOOOEAAAAAAAAAAAa

like the DM-2...

• Members

i have a question for the delay enthuists (sp?)

i recently bought a line 6 DL-4 and thought i haven't noticed it alot of people say there is some tone suckage but i thought that the DL-4 was true bypass or hard bypasses something like that, can anyone prove/disprove this rumor?

• Members

Originally posted by converge_die

i have a question for the delay enthuists (sp?)

i recently bought a line 6 DL-4 and thought i haven't noticed it alot of people say there is some tone suckage but i thought that the DL-4 was true bypass or hard bypasses something like that, can anyone prove/disprove this rumor?

I believe that there's the option to make it true bypass...

It has electronic bypass, but there's something in the manual about "turning delay trails off" and I think that's how to make it true bypass.

I forget exactly...someone else can answer better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i've been playing the delay feature on the ehx 16 sec dealy a bit. It is nice. I hear that it might sound just the the ehx memory man, but i haven't verify this for myself. The delay is maxed at 1 sec. You control the features...wet, repeat, etc... with sliders.. it's a bit more difficult than knobs but with practice isn't so bad. Will self-oscillate with the feedback slider control. True bypass.

• Members

GSM delay ingredients :
2 mobile phones
1 carkit with speaker and microphone

Just place 1 mobile in the carkit holder, give the other one a ring and start talking and voila: a GSM delay. Try different distances for feedback amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by mrmisse

or this pearl one?..

keepp-img487x410-1097593907pearl1.jpg
keepp-img532x393-1097593932pearl2.jpg

Yes, I just did an A/b with the Ibanez Ad9 and Boss Dm-3
it's very similar to those. I like to think of it as two Boss DM-2 in a row. It's a good one. It has the same amount of delay time as those two units do, I sent a review to another fourmite.

Archived