The Delay Lounge

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

S6300055.jpg

long time lurker, first post. i love the delay!

not pictured: roland re-20

recently sold the dd3

prolly going to sell a couple more to fund a smmh. also considering re-purchasing the dmm.

Thats X-treme sexyness!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Members

Apparently some people turn their nose up at this:

carl_red_repeat.jpg

Digital with the sound of an analogue (apparenlty) and not obscenely priced. I messed around with mine today trying to emulate the inbuilt slapback delay in my amp that I've grown fond of, and I got very close and in the process found the delay sound that I'm after, so I'm happy with it.

At a casual listen to my untrained ear, it's not got the thick sound quality of the Carl Martin Surf Trem and the Repeat dial seems to go in 'jumps' rather than a smooth curve, so I can see why Delay junkies might not be satisfied, but I'm smitten.

Until an affordable DM-3 or AD-9 comes along that is.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

anyone tweaked their DOD FX-90?

i did, and now it has more repeats the harder you play.. touch sensitive feedback yo! what other pedals do this? none i bet. thank you and good night.

The Empress Superdelay has a feature kinda like this in Misc. mode. Submode A is kinda opposite -- the softer you play, the more feedback. Submode B -- the harder you play, the more feedback. Submode C gives you some kind of trailing feature .... I haven't tried any of these much yet, but they seem like cool features.

• Members

Boss-DD-5-l.jpg

I just recently went a got myself a Boss DD-5, I was gonna get a Line-6 DL4 but after playing around with my guitar players DL4 I just wasn't into all the options, don't get me wrong it's a killer deal but too big for my liking. The Boss DD-5 is perfect if your looking for a delay for soloing, space delay effects and cool rythym guitar strumming. It has reverse delay, 2sec sampling, has panning options and comes with a quarter inch jack for tap tempo. I recently put in an order for a Red Rocket Box "Star Tap Tempo Box" It's tiny, perfect for overloaded boards.

l_c19e512213a5165ed94ddcdd17f361a8.jpg

• Members

Ok, so a while ago I recieved an Ibanez DL5 Digital Delay from my grandpa. Now the reason he gave it to me is because it doesn't really work correctly. Once I got it, I took it took my amp and tried to get it to work. I plugged the guitar into the "in" plug, and took my other cord and plugged into the amp and the "out" slot. Once I did this i heard a fairly audible hum, but no guitar. So just out of curiousity, I switched the cords around as a just in case. Still didn't work, but there was no more hum. Now, it didn't come with a battery, but it did come with a power adapter, which I had plugged in. But in an attempt to remedy the problem, I put in a spare 9-volt. Still nothing.

Now I haven't had a chance to crack the thing open, but I post this here in hopes to diagnose the problem. So is there any idea on the problem or will i have to wait to crack it open to know whats wrong?

• Members

The MG Music "That's Echo Folks".

It's a 600 mls analogic delay. Has two Panasonic MN3205BBD chips (warm delay). Controls are Delay Time, Mix and Feedback. It also has a Pig's Tail option that you connect to the pedal, it lets you control the delay time through an optical sensor at the end of the cable. The tail works by how far or close your foot is to the sensor, the closer your foot gets the slower the delay time gets and so on. You gotta see this thing in action, it's out of this freakin world. The owner is meeting up with me in Los Angeles to bring me one, I can't wait to play it.

Porky0002.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived