HCFX VIDEO GAME LOUNGE

Capsule

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh God yes. Demon's Souls is one of my favourites of the last few years - it totally absorbed me. Balancing the game so that is incredibly tough but almost always your own fault when you screw up was extremely well done; it just kept me coming back for more. Can see why it's not for everyone though.

Dark Souls is a day one purchase.

• Members

yeah its probably the most frustrating game i've ever played. i've never been a controller thrower but demons souls almost made me do it a couple/multiple times. I might buy dark souls, skyrim will take up most if not all my gaming for the winter and beyond. And ME3 looks decent to so i'll have to see.

• Members

I haven't video gamed in a while cause of how tired I am of shooters so I installed my old classics this weekend and got hooked on em again.

First I played a bit of Diablo, then I remember I never really put a whole lot of time into Diablo II so I started playing that again. So I'm excited to try out Diablo III when it comes out.

I also played the {censored} out of Age of Empires the conquerors too. Probably my favourite game ever. {censored}in timeless.

Sort of dissapointed I can't play online on AoE anymore though.

• Members

I'm pretty much over shooters for now. When MW2 got hacked i just lost my stomach for it i guess, that and i didn't reply like COD:BLOPS at all.

I just finished Mass Effect 2 on the weekend thanks to a bout of insomnia.

Back on the Demons souls train. have to finish the rest of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

i picked up Arkham City last night, didn't want to get it before I wrapped up some work and got past my deadlines, now I can relax and sink all my time into it. I only played for a short time last night, but I'm loving it. just as good as I remember Arkham Asylum being, but this time they throw you into the action with most of your gear right away, no tutorials or anything. even with only a short play time it's sucking me in, I haven't really wanted to play a game some much since Borderlands.

doesn't hurt that it's made with the best Batman talent ever: Timm, Dini, Conroy, Hammil and others involved with BtAS.

• Members

any opinions on which DLC was the best to get for Arkham city? most of them were just skins from the looks of it, I bought from Costco so it had the catwoman DLC, which I think may have been standard everywhere. skins I don't care about, same with beatemup challenge maps, but I'm hoping I didn't miss out on any actual missions.

it will probably take me a while to beat the game, I'm more of an explore everything, get all the side missions done, find all the eastereggs kind of guy rather than a beat it in four hours, on to the next game type of player.

I'm really curious to see what calendar man does on halloween.

• Members

any opinions on which DLC was the best to get for Arkham city? most of them were just skins from the looks of it, I bought from Costco so it had the catwoman DLC, which I think may have been standard everywhere. skins I don't care about, same with beatemup challenge maps, but I'm hoping I didn't miss out on any actual missions.

it will probably take me a while to beat the game, I'm more of an explore everything, get all the side missions done, find all the eastereggs kind of guy rather than a beat it in four hours, on to the next game type of player.

I'm really curious to see what calendar man does on halloween.

From what I hear, GET THE CATWOMAN DLC right away. It apparently will change the story as you go along and can potentially alter the ending as well.

• Members

Just bought Arkham Asylum last week when AC came out.

It was GOTY edition for 20 bucks, stoked.

I'm really cheap/lazy/behind when it comes to games so I'm loving it so far.

Only got to play for a few hours, but am excited to go play more tonight.

In the middle of fighting bane as we speak

• Members

I played the BF3 beta. Kinda hated it. Games like that are
much
better on PC.

Really looking forward to MW3.

so true. any shooter (and RTS) is vastly better with a mouse. this can't be argued.

platformers, sports games, driving games and most other forms are much better with a gamepad.

• Members

so true. any shooter (and RTS) is
vastly
better with a mouse. this can't be argued.

platformers, sports games, driving games and most other forms are much better with a gamepad.

Conversely, when you spend all day hunched over a computer, any game is better on a big TV stretched out on the sofa.

• Members

I'm stoked for Skyrim, also the new Zelda. Those look to be pretty damned awesome. Also the new Assassin's Creed--gotta finish that series. Speaking of series, Mass Effect is one of the best I've played. Can't wait for the conclusions for both ME and AC.

• Members

Yeah - ME is one hell of a series, I can't wait to see how it all ends.

Assassins Creed is one of my favorite series as well. I believe that this next game will wrap up with Ezio story line and then we will get the final game of the 'main' trilogy AC3...then whatever spin off games that that generates. I loved both Ezio centered games, but I do miss having to use the amount of strategy you did in the first game when making the main assassinations.

Archived